Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali's on the Farm 2015 Feedback

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I know this is a long way off but these things take a long time to to arrange and we are looking for your feedback.

Many people at COTF this year asked for evening entertainment and the good news is the campsite is allowing us to do this next year until around 10pm in the evening as we have been re-located to the other end of the campsite where we have the use of two large rally fields.

Also people have asked for more activities to be going on during the day but to do this we need idea's and volunteers.

So.. let us know your thoughts ?

I would like to see us all eating together on at least one evening if possible.

We had the hog roast one year, we did a BBQ the time before, both of which were good at bringing people together.

Imagine the sight of everyone being sat in rows or similar at their Cali tables :shocked Great photo opportunity.

A raffle with plenty of prizes. Start seeking donors early and not just from the sponsors.

Do we have enough talented people here to make up a Cali Band?? Some 'live' music would be great.

Volunteers - Well you only have to ask mate. :thumb

Thank you Stu, the table idea is something we really want to do next year.

Due to COTF becoming so popular, very few campsites can accomodate 150+ vans, allow entertainment and also have the 5 star facilities like Warren farm offers.

We realise the site is not everyones cup of tea ( I for one hate row upon row of white boxes) but it is our only option currently, (unless anyone else knows otherwise?) also it is a good location being so close to the M5.

The campsite is several hundred acres and our new location is in a totally different area away from the seasonals. With both rally fields having its own toilets.

There are toilets in both fields next year :thumb like martin says its difficult finding a campsite that can cope with all of us and allow people like SMG and oli to set stalls up.we tried our best

Must admit the proximity of the facilities was less than ideal and I would 100% agree that having collectives in different fields detracts from the theme and doesn't foster community spirit.

BUT - there were some plus points for the site. Ideal to get something to eat of you don't want to cook. Nearby pub prices were reasonable etc etc.

All those critisism about to far away from toilets , back to back white caravans on the site ,....WTF !
It is an one time meeting of people who almost every day of the year visit this forum so the hell with what others do on that campsite , the only thing i'm intrested in is CALI's :mrgreen:

No offence but it was well organised at the back of the site , plenty of room .
I would for sure not be standing near a toilet on a site whit that amount of caravans!
Much to busy.

Don' t want to offend anyone whit this thoug.

As for the events that brings al of us more togheter.... :goodone

If the campsite would agree , a bar/cafe would be the best solution .
Or things like : a quiz , hammer a nail in a wooden block , something for the Cali- dogs,....
A big message board for foto' s , for sale , messages,....

Offcorse that would mean more work on top for the people who organise it all.

I can not say one negative thing about COTF 2014 :thanks

Here here, I agree with Hotel California 100%, this is a one off meet of like minded California owners in one place and I can imagine the hard work that goes into arranging this. We had a wonderful weekend and made some really good new frends, all of which we said SEE YOU NEXT YEAR when we left.

We were also in the non electric field and did not find the walk to the toilets a problem in the slightest, I have actulally had longer walks on other campsites , at least the toilets were clean all the time.

As for the comment on the caravans in rows, what harm were they doing us?? We did not have to park in rows so I am not sure about that comment.

All this for ÂŁ14 per night :clap

Maybe Shambly should arrange next years one

I think the organisers would do well not to listen to you because clearly you haven't a clue

hotel california T5 said:
All those critisism about to far away from toilets , back to back white caravans on the site ,....WTF !
It is an one time meeting of people who almost every day of the year visit this forum so the hell with what others do on that campsite , the only thing i'm intrested in is CALI's :mrgreen:

No offence but it was well organised at the back of the site , plenty of room .
I would for sure not be standing near a toilet on a site whit that amount of caravans!
Much to busy.

Don' t want to offend anyone whit this thoug.

As for the events that brings al of us more togheter.... :goodone

If the campsite would agree , a bar/cafe would be the best solution .
Or things like : a quiz , hammer a nail in a wooden block , something for the Cali- dogs,....
A big message board for foto' s , for sale , messages,....

Offcorse that would mean more work on top for the people who organise it all.

I can not say one negative thing about COTF 2014 :thanks

Thanks for your comments Wim, they are really appreciated and it was nice to meet you, hopefully see you next year.

This was our first COTF and we really enjoyed it.
We did feel it was a shame that electric and non electric were spit up making for a bit of "them and us" kind of thing but that sounds like it should be sorted next year, hopefully.
We had a Mazda Bongo for four years before the Cali and attended (and still do) quite a few of the meets. They hold regional and a national one once a year at Stourport which is reasonably central except for people from the far north.
http://www.lickhillmanor.co.uk/display. ... Page=rally
The field is plenty big enough to hold us, I believe one year about 300 Bongos turned up.
Bands are laid on Friday and Saturday nights, going on to midnight.
Something is generally laid on by coach for the Saturday, this year it was a trip to the Gaydon motor museum.
No problem with trade stands so it might be a possible alternative venue if finding somewhere becomes a problem.

I for one thought the purpose of this thread was to take feedback from this years event and take that forward to make next years even better.

Some of that feedback may not be to the agreement of others or everyone but they are someone's opinion and therefore please don't feel it necessary to berate someone for taking the time to offer that up.

I appear to have missed one of Simon's post which it looks like he has deleted as well as deleting his first post which is a great shame.

Please lets not get too excited with each other and kick some idea's around for next year.

There are many people, Simon included, whom have attended two if not all three of these events so it's only reasonable to allow them to offer up their opinions and ideas which will be based on good experience.

We will take all feedback onboard, this is why i started this thread but just in answer to Shamblys points, there is not much we can do about caravans being on the campsite with us, also Shambly was booked on the EHU field initially with a pitch next to the toilets but he chose to move to the non electric field.

The hardest things with these meets is pleasing everyone, but we are trying our best.

BTW, it was nobody here that deleted his posts.

Thanks for those Stu I will have a look but last year Kev and I spent many many hours looking and visiting locations and the big problem we have is finding a site that ticks all boxes.

Rally field for 200
Allows traders
Allows live music
High quality facilities

It is not easy...

We did look into the Bongo Bash site that Briwy mentioned and can possibly look into that again but from memory they did not allow rallies in July.

I can't really give much feedback on the COTF 2014 ,as i wasn't there ... It does sound like it was a great turnout of cali's new and old members ,but i get the impression it was a little regimented and surrounded by white boxes..... maybe throw some ideas around at the mini meet :bananadance

It's simple for me really, all in one field if possible, food on one/both nights, like hog roast at 2013, and defiantly entertainment on the Saturday night. Just more opportunities to get everyone together in one area is a good thing :)

Even simpler let's not bother :clap

How about some fast food on the Friday night as people arrive? Maybe a local mobile Fish & Chip wagon would come along for a few hours?

Otherwise. as I think we did for the first CotF at Henfield, a BBQ so that as people arrive after a potentially long journey they can just grab something quick to eat.

There is a fish and chip shop as you drive in

Overall we were very pleased and enjoyed a good walk out to Brean Downs.

Well organised.

rob and Eileen

Back