Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calor gas or campingaz?

Wengen007

Wengen007

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I currently have a calor gas bottle but I am thinking about getting a camping gaz bottle as it is smaller and takes up less space my question is does anyone know which is more available throughput Europe when it runs out and I need to replace?

Any experiences that anyone has had is great fully reveieved.

Campingaz is availeble all arround europe , there's info on thiere website with a map where dealers are pointed out.
But you would need to use a lot of gas or have a very long trip to empty a 904 or 907 botlle.
Lots of people shared experience if you read some stories on the forum regarding gas-usage and availebility in europe, give away where you are heading might help
@Amarillo , has one of the best views on this....

I currently have a calor gas bottle but I am thinking about getting a camping gaz bottle as it is smaller and takes up less space my question is does anyone know which is more available throughput Europe when it runs out and I need to replace?

Calor Gas is not sold in Europe.

Great I will make the change. Holland Germany Austria

Thanks for your help.

Campingaz is availeble all arround europe , there's info on thiere website with a map where dealers are pointed out.
But you would need to use a lot of gas or have a very long trip to empty a 904 or 907 botlle.
Lots of people shared experience if you read some stories on the forum regarding gas-usage and availebility in europe, give away where you are heading might help
@Amarillo , has one of the best views on this....

You have no trouble finding campingaz in Holland and Germany , Austria maybe harder .

907 Campingaz refills are either unavailable or difficult to find in the Nordic countries, the Baltic States, Poland and the Balkans. You should have little difficulty finding refills in Western Europe.

Expect a full 907 bottle to last 3-5 weeks of intensive use for a family of four. We used 13 bottles (counting a 909 bottle as 2 x 907 bottles) over a year touring Europe cooking with gas ~80% of meals.

I suspect that a great many retailers, including campsites, use DIY refill methods. A genuine Campingaz refill bottle should look in pristine condition with a plastic gauze around it to protect against paint chips.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

• Informative
Reactions: Sad
907 Campingaz refills are either unavailable or difficult to find in the Nordic countries, the Baltic States, Poland and the Balkans. You should have little difficulty finding refills in Western Europe.

Expect a full 907 bottle to last 3-5 weeks of intensive use for a family of four. We used 13 bottles (counting a 909 bottle as 2 x 907 bottles) over a year touring Europe cooking with gas ~80% of meals.

I suspect that a great many retailers, including campsites, use DIY refill methods. A genuine Campingaz refill bottle should look in pristine condition with a plastic gauze around it to protect against paint chips.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Great advice thank you.

Camping GAZ 907 was €25.49 at Leroy Merlin, Calais a couple of weeks ago so it will pay you to buy a refill outside England. It's £34.99 from Go Outdoors!!!

If you go to Leroy Merlin, Calais (next to Auchan) ask at the enquiry desk and they will get one from the warehouse as I don't think they are on display.

Most other large supermarkets stock GAZ 907s in France.