Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camper Van TV

Need some more lifestyle videos guys, sadly your VLOGS are now becoming very commercial orientated.

I disagree. I have found the strip lights and this new TV video interesting. They are pretty good at telling you what the vlog is about in the title, so easy to ignore if something that you are not interested in. FOR ME, I find it a useful mix with the Cali related products, especially as they tend to get a deal that benefits us, discount etc.

I no longer watch these as they are just more promotional videos for the products they review just like many other vloggers now do, it is a shame as when they used to do campsite reviews that were worth watching. Also is this not classed as forum advertising that is not allowed ?

I have checked with the forum owners before posting anything which has a product in it to make sure it doesn’t conflict with anything sold in the shop or by the forum partners.

As the channel continues to grow it’s inevitable we can’t please everyone. We don’t charge anybody to watch our videos, some you may enjoy, some maybe not but if it helps somebody in some way that’s what our channel is all about

I like the videos. Information is manifold, campsite review, tips and tricks for the VW van, product information / reviews.

I am a wee bit disappointed that it feels that your ambition is to move away from a California to a full motor home vehicle. The last years following various channels gathering information before I buy a California was your channel. I believe there is so much still to learn and to investigate that it was helpful to follow your information (may I dare to say guidance).

Maybe I picked it up wrongly, then sorry about this.

Eberhard

Oh believe me... we are going nowhere! We love our California too much. It does everything so well. We were offered some trips in a Motorhome by Bailey so we took them up on the offer. We have some epic trips planned for the California over the next few years so fear not.

At the end of the day, I think this thread has evolved into something that can be used constructively by @CaliforniaCamping.
Ultimately they have had the forethought and courtesy to check they aren't breaking any rules whilst at the same time seen that the commercial side of things has drawn some minor criticism.
Who has lost out??
It really matters not, if masses of people stop watching because of it, the channel will cease to continue to grow. On the other hand if it strikes the right chord then it will continue to grow.
No matter how a vlogger tries to balance it you can't please everybody all of the time.
I personally enjoy the shared experiences more than I do the products but if you happen to be looking for an awning, LED lights or a TV or thinking of swithching to a motorhome (some people will be) then suddenly CaliforniaCamping videos are bang on all over again.

Keep doing what you do guys.
The 'balance' of the type of video is your prerogative and I am thankful that you have the energy and the will to share. :thumb.

At the end of the day, I think this thread has evolved into something that can be used constructively by @CaliforniaCamping.
Ultimately they have had the forethought and courtesy to check they aren't breaking any rules whilst at the same time seen that the commercial side of things has drawn some minor criticism.
Who has lost out??
It really matters not, if masses of people stop watching because of it, the channel will cease to continue to grow. On the other hand if it strikes the right chord then it will continue to grow.
No matter how a vlogger tries to balance it you can't please everybody all of the time.
I personally enjoy the shared experiences more than I do the products but if you happen to be looking for an awning, LED lights or a TV or thinking of swithching to a motorhome (some people will be) then suddenly CaliforniaCamping videos are bang on all over again.

Keep doing what you do guys.
The 'balance' of the type of video is your prerogative and I am thankful that you have the energy and the will to share. :thumb.
Perfectly put! Thank you very much

We all like the vids. but like others i would love to see more Cali-related vids. , each has theire own intrests and those i'm not intrested in (like thisone ... a TV :headbang) i skip .
This forum is a VW California related forum and so are most of the users so wandering towards a other direction means losing peoples intrest .
If i want to see vloggers/video's/advertising i can amuse myself on the www. but on the forum i like it to be California related if possible.

We don’t watch much tv in the Cali but it’s nice to have the facility from time to time. However any portable TV takes up too much room and has too many wires. We just carry a Tivizen receiver which connects wirelessly to a tablet, computer or mobile phone, works great and no wires dangling about. It recharges from a usb socket, and is smaller than the remote on that TV, when not in use it’s tucked in the sun visor. :)

Looks good, I also liked the look of the other tv you reviewed a while back.

I have often toyed with the idea of getting a tv for in car entertainment, but in the end it just makes sense for us to use tech we already own.

We use an iPad and I tether it to my mobile phone for live stuff, but I realise that isn’t for everyone.

To anyone sick of the commercial trend of many of these YouTube channels, have a look here
and watch some beautiful film making around camper trips.

Literally a breath of fresh air.

"I think I always wanted to be a nomad but fear stopped me"....

Basic words with full of heart and passion.

It's what a Cali is all about. Being a nomad. Wonderful. It's not about gear, it's about being where you want to be, being where the comfort zone is left behind, being free, being free of the shackles of our fear zone.

Lovely.

To anyone sick of the commercial trend of many of these YouTube channels, have a look here
and watch some beautiful film making around camper trips.

Literally a breath of fresh air.
Thanks for posting that, a lovely video and nice to see the older Fiat, that was a great base vehicle, the later ones grew in size and became less wieldy. :thumb

That’s a great find, very enjoyable to watch. Now off to watch the rest of them.

Last edited:
I have 8 screens in mine and most of them show much more interesting stuff than the TV even when it's raining. They only get covered only when its bed time. I do have an August receiver for Le Tour but it never get used any other time.

Campervan TV????????

I don't even have a TV in my house!

I found California club videos are very informative. I have been looking for tv for casual watching. I looked their latest video & found it to be very informative. I was looking for small tv for occasional watching. Having looked at the review for August 9” tv. I purchased one, and that included 20% discount via California camp8ng link. I have now tried it at Moffat campsite in Scotland and it performed very well and gave good range of channels for tv and dab radio. I think any information is good. It’s up to the individual how they view that info.

Seems like great value and I am looking for a tv for my new Cali. 2 questions though: what is the viewing angle like? How is the sound quality?Thanks, Graham
I found California club videos are very informative. I have been looking for tv for casual watching. I looked their latest video & found it to be very informative. I was looking for small tv for occasional watching. Having looked at the review for August 9” tv. I purchased one, and that included 20% discount via California camp8ng link. I have now tried it at Moffat campsite in Scotland and it performed very well and gave good range of channels for tv and dab radio. I think any information is good. It’s up to the individual how they view that info.

Sound quality is poor and viewing angle is tight but at this price pleased to have one on board.
Read the reviews on Amazon

I agree sound is a bit tinny, as the speakers are small. Viewing angle is narrow. But for such a small tv & price, expectations cannot be those of big tv.
Good quality headphones help.
As the size is small, it can easily be stored. I have found the ideal location is the bottom of the wardrobe, where the tv box just fits nicely into the space (normal reserved for fitting of safe)

Back