Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camperjam 2017

Brianc26

Brianc26

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We have booked to go this year and was wondering firstly if its any good and is anyone else going :)

We have booked to go this year and was wondering firstly if its any good and is anyone else going :)

We will be going for the first time this year, the toilets situation was terrible last year so i was told might be worth taking a porta loo to be on the safe side :)

Camper jam is one of the best shows imho you should have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be going for the first time this year, the toilets situation was terrible last year so i was told might be worth taking a porta loo to be on the safe side :)

Totally agree, porta potti is essential as the toilet facilities are disgusting.

I went in 2010 they were bad then looks like they haven't learnt

Anyone else booked for camperjam this year. We are thinking of possibly going.?

For the amount of money they charge now for tickets the toilets should be of the luxury variety but they are just porta loos that you find on a building site, beyond disgusting and is the main reason we would never return to an event like this

We always went for the day and never wanted to go home. Last year we stayed the whole weekend, it was good but I agree on the facilities, very poor in the camp areas. I think going for the day will be our approach this year, it is a good show though.

Day visitor is best option nowadays, we had a really bad experience last year with yobs next door kept us awake all night.

We will go and have a look, we've booked for the full weekend

Do we ever have group camping at events like this? It would mean that we are camped with like minded people and might make it more attractive?

We have booked in the family camping area

Hi I am a small cog in the CJ team (I do show n shine) but can help answer...
Firstly I know for a fact the dreadful toilet people employed last year have been flushed away and new contractors have a FULL brief and extra staff on hand so fingers crossed there (hopefully not legs)
Under Club Camping at bottom of CJ booking page there is a drop down menu
The club is listed as VW T5 California Owners Club. (confusing and easy to miss I am getting it changed to VW California Club (VWCC)!
So you can choose club camping with this option. Marked out plots and area together.
If you have already booked Family or elsewhere you can ring office to get it changed up but only up to June or whenever tickets are sent out..
Hopefully some of you do come and camp as a club and I'll make a point of seeking you out over the weekend (well not show n shine Sunday!!!!)

David

hi david
if we ask to be with the vwcc will we still be at the family bit ? our kids are 5 and 2 so we want a bit of peace at night so they get to sleep :)

Hi I am a small cog in the CJ team (I do show n shine) but can help answer...
Firstly I know for a fact the dreadful toilet people employed last year have been flushed away and new contractors have a FULL brief and extra staff on hand so fingers crossed there (hopefully not legs)
Under Club Camping at bottom of CJ booking page there is a drop down menu
The club is listed as VW T5 California Owners Club. (confusing and easy to miss I am getting it changed to VW California Club (VWCC)!
So you can choose club camping with this option. Marked out plots and area together.
If you have already booked Family or elsewhere you can ring office to get it changed up but only up to June or whenever tickets are sent out..
Hopefully some of you do come and camp as a club and I'll make a point of seeking you out over the weekend (well not show n shine Sunday!!!!)

David

Thanks @David Eccles for your info. I'm sure that'll few more of us will come now, knowing that we will be in a club area. I would think @Brianc26 that you are more likely to get some peace and quiet with the club than you are in an open family camping field.

Club camping is usually a good bet as you are parked up with people you know (or soon know) and so less chances of hassles with any noise "next door" keeping kids up ...

In our experience club camping is a lot more closely packed together and much noisier than 'home is where you park it'. We've been there twice.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

IMG_0109.JPG

We will also going to CJ. Last year was amazing. As for us it is a long ride we are making it a long weekend.
Staying at the family camping.

Busfest I will going without the misses, but always in good company!

Looking like some Cali buffing time coming up at CJ then:thumb