Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camperjam vs Dubbed Out

PhilR

PhilR

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
We recently visited the Dubbed Out festival mainly to go and view other peoples vans, get ideas, talk to owners etc. We spent a great couple of hours doing this until the rather rude security guys told us we shouldn’t be in the camping field as we only had Day Visitor wristbands on. I tried to say that was the whole reason we stayed in a hotel and went to the show, but they were very grumpy and made us leave. We were gutted but also pleased we had managed to get into the field earlier - they obviously weren’t checking very well then, luckily. Nowhere on the pre show info did it say Day Visitors were not allowed to go and view the vans.
We’re going to Camperjam on Saturday for the same reason as our Cali is due around October so we’re getting excited about it now. Anyone know if we’ll have the same issue? I hope not.
I put a post on the Dubbed Out Facebook page which I wrote politely, but basically complaining about the rude security. I got a very abrupt reply back from a moderator saying “yes that’s correct, no day visitors allowed in the camping areas”. No apology. No compassion. No support. And they even turned off the option for me or anyone to reply to the post??? A few people have since messaged me directly saying that there are some not so friendly people on there. Seems a shame as there’s some good posts on their Facebook site.
Thank goodness for this forum. As a few of you will know, we ordered a Cali in 2020 but decided to cancel our order for various reasons. But the bug had bitten and we re-assessed our decision and ordered again. I got no abuse of any kind on here, almost everyone was very supportive.
So, anyone else had any dealings with Dubbed Out, or have you also been Snubbed Out!? It’s not even that it’s a Cali thing. They didn’t know I’d ordered a Cali. I did wonder if Cali owners would be “snubbed” by the majority of campers at the show, but everyone we spoke to before getting kicked out was really nice and more than happy to show us their set ups.

We went to camperjam pre covid as day visitors before getting our van and could wander around the camping areas. There was actually a double decker bus that went round the site that the kids enjoyed riding round and round on.
We are in club camping this year - although not arriving till Saturday so hope there is still space! Not been to dubbed out…….
Hopefully you will be fine. :)

Can only make it for the Sunday so hope we are free to wonder around and see some great things

i went to dubbed out camp out in may and dubbed out festival and camped for the duration and early bird thursday night , there was many posts about access to the campsite on the dubbed out festival website not just the community facebook group , there is nobody who has problems with cali's and indeed i was more than welcome . im sure if you give them a try in future it will be the great experiences ive found , security doing their job shouldn't be a issue , dubbed out is a very friendly community and one where ive found a lot of great tips especially for my september switzerland trip , good luck in future

Last edited: