campervan or motorhome

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have seen several places (on line) saying no parking for motorhomes. Yorkshire coast at Whitby Scarborough being quoted. Last week we stopped at Kimmeridge in Dorset and the fee to park was £5 for cars but £10 for Motorhomes as we were a van we were classed as a car so only £5. Just wondering what people have found esp. reference to "no parking for motorhomes" I consider I drive a camper van not a motorhome. Knowing what a cash cow parking is wondering what the attitude is of parking enforment is it these areas.

We parked in non motorhome places a few times in Spain and France and the van never got blown up. I think it just gets away with being a van unless you put the roof up!

Always park and pay if needed as per car/van. Never had problem and no one ever questioned me on it. Especially if I can get under any 'bars' for the car park, seals the deal I think.

Motorhomes are ugly white plastic things... And as such I quite understand why folks don't want them parking there.
Calis on the other hand are handsome beauties that enhance all parking places.

Park with confidence and pride...

I agree with the comments on here...

Whilst in France, including places like central St Tropez we parked in the normal car parks, all of which had "No Motor Home" signs and had no issues at all.

The only exception to this is a positive and some areas have fantastic parking for motor homes, e.g. Lyme Regis top car park and above Pampelonne Beach, also several of the French Aires.

On these occasions I'm happy to class it as a motor home and again, never had an issue but have seen cars moved on.

Rgds
Mark