Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CampervanBitz - Shoe rack

It’s a shame Big Ted couldn’t make this without the socket. Might be more appealing money wise.

HI

Has anyone bought one of these? Like the idea but seems a bit pricey. Would be good to get feedback from anyone thats bought one.

Looks like a bit of a trip hazard to me but perhaps it doesn’t come as far forward as the picture suggests.

There's a free-to-download plan for a DIY one, in case you're interested. I will see if I can find it for you.

Edit:
Found it. It's from this website, where they have 3 different versions for sale. But at some point in time they offered the DIY-plans below for free.

If you want to download it directly from their website, you can find this plan and 2 others here.

Attachments

• 02 Bulli Hackers Schuhregal California Zeichnung v2.pdf
    216.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
There's a free-to-download plan for a DIY one, in case you're interested. I will see if I can find it for you.

Edit:
Found it. It's from this website, where they have 3 different versions for sale. But at some point in time they offered the DIY-plans below for free.

If you want to download it directly from their website, you can find this plan and 2 others here.
Thanks for that

Thanks for the plan. I'm going to have a go at that. First in plywood, then I might try acetate.

Great thread with advice on what looks to be a useful fitting. Managed to download the Bulli Hackers plans and keen to have a go at making one. Before I resort to 9mm ply I wonder if it is possible to source the material a lot of the Cali interiors are made of which looks to be a sandwich construction with 2 thin aluminium (?) veneers over a foam plastic (?) core. Does anyone know what this material is called and whether it is possible to source it or something similar.
Thanks

"Aluminium composite panel" I think.

Thanks. Just googled that and I think the name is ”Dibond”. It’s thinner at 3 or 4 mm but should do the job. Found website that will cut to size. Will report results if I succeed!

Thanks. Just googled that and I think the name is ”Dibond”. It’s thinner at 3 or 4 mm but should do the job. Found website that will cut to size. Will report results if I succeed!
Looks expensive probably cheaper to buy the shop one but nice little project

We currently drop shoes in the sliding door step when we are in with the door closed, this could be a good option, but at £90 I’d xpect the shoes to be included!

Think I might make one of these - Bullihackers website doesn't seem to exist any more, so the plans above will be helpful.

@dripster , does it make it difficult to get the inbuilt table in and out of the door? Any improvements you'd make to it? Would you mind sharing a photo with your folding table out please so I can see how it is propped up? Cheers.

HI

Has anyone bought one of these? Like the idea but seems a bit pricey. Would be good to get feedback from anyone thats bought one.

Yes we‘ve got one. Same model. Tend to use it to keep flip flops and ‘garden shoes’ we use on sites. Also, the USB is in a good position to plug in the LED strip light fixed to the inside face of the wind out awning (via a 4m usb extension). It serves a purpose, rather than storing shoes on the step and them getting in the way. The only bugbear is when using the downstairs bed, you need to put it someplace else. We like it, but I’d admit it’s questionable value - but aren’t most things you buy for a campervan!

Yes we‘ve got one. Same model. Tend to use it to keep flip flops and ‘garden shoes’ we use on sites. Also, the USB is in a good position to plug in the LED strip light fixed to the inside face of the wind out awning (via a 4m usb extension). It serves a purpose, rather than storing shoes on the step and them getting in the way. The only bugbear is when using the downstairs bed, you need to put it someplace else. We like it, but I’d admit it’s questionable value - but aren’t most things you buy for a campervan!
Just for info’ the Bus-Boxx version can stay in place when using the downstairs bed.

Last edited:
image.png
Why do you need to move it? Looks like the bench could slide forward with it in place?

Did you get the optional table GG? How is it stored when not in use?
No didn’t get a table nor the 12v socket. I’ve mounted a 12v/USB box on the top of the shoe box which is plugged into the 12v socket by the seat.

7D86CBC3-2FE8-472C-9E75-0C9B85A9F6C0.jpeg

No didn’t get a table nor the 12v socket. I’ve mounted a 12v/USB box on the top of the shoe box which is plugged into the 12v socket by the seat.

View attachment 92981
Thanks that is helpful. Couple more questions if you don't mind?
- You found the edges a bit sharp, so covered them?
- I see you have a 'switch off before starting engine' label. Does your 12v box have an off switch? Is it important to switch off the socket when parked too? In other words is it best not to order the Busboxx socket?