Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping and Caravanning Club Eurotunnel discount - Useless

S

stim

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Has anyone actually managed to get the claimed 10% discount for the Eurotunnel with the Camping and Caravanning Club?

I just paid £45 for the membership with the intent to get the eurotunnel discount. I tried to book online but it did not work so was asked to email and they would call back. They did, the same day but the quote he gave me, with the discount was about £30 more expensive than I can order the tickets for directly with Eurotunnel! The guy just said, thats the price he has.

What a waste of time. I'm curious if anyone has managed to get the promised discount...

Has anyone actually managed to get the claimed 10% discount for the Eurotunnel with the Camping and Caravanning Club?

I just paid £45 for the membership with the intent to get the eurotunnel discount. I tried to book online but it did not work so was asked to email and they would call back. They did, the same day but the quote he gave me, with the discount was about £30 more expensive than I can order the tickets for directly with Eurotunnel! The guy just said, thats the price he has.

What a waste of time. I'm curious if anyone has managed to get the promised discount...
No. Same thing I noted . Use discount and pay more.

On the other hand, CAMC has come through with a good discount for channel ferry for us (Newhaven to Dieppe). Also researched a ferry to Ireland and the saving would have been circa £100.

I also questioned the discount, they just said it works out better done on line rather than by phone. They said the online price reflexed a discounted price already.
Not exactly what I meant.
I will be writing to them to see what their reply will be.

It was always cheaper for me with CAMC

Has anyone actually found decent Eurotunnel discounts anywhere? Shareholder discount is 30% but you need to invest €17,500 euros to get it
I just looked for a short stay saver (thinking of camping on the beach at le Touquet one weekend) and it came back at £465!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Has anyone actually found decent Eurotunnel discounts anywhere? Shareholder discount is 30% but you need to invest €17,500 euros to get it
I just looked for a short stay saver (thinking of camping on the beach at le Touquet one weekend) and it came back at £465!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Caravan Club seems to be about 10%. We looked at the tunnel, but opted for Newhaven ferry in the end - lower cost, better discount, and shorter route for us in France.

I also questioned the discount, they just said it works out better done on line rather than by phone. They said the online price reflexed a discounted price already.
Not exactly what I meant.
I will be writing to them to see what their reply will be.
I can save you the time : The response will be

Nothing to do with us Sir !

Compooter says Noooooooooo ! Cough :rolleyes:

I sent them an email which basically suggested they either figure it out so the discount works, or remove the eurotunnel discount claim from their website.

I did not even get a reply.

Back