Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping chair bits

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
my camping chairs seem to be coming apart and I have lost a grey spacer.

Please can someone advise how can get the grey spacers and screws without the pain of going to a dealership? Ideally I would buy over internet

thanks

96E679EA-E7D5-4528-A497-6CE815F5741E.jpeg

5A29DA4F-3BEA-4C5B-8C95-CB28799274DD.jpeg

A119569E-09FA-4483-961B-BC8874F3A8C9.jpeg

Please can someone advise how can get the grey spacers and screws without the pain of going to a dealership? Ideally I would buy over internet

thanks

View attachment 63848

View attachment 63849

View attachment 63850
I don’t think VW sell spares, just the whole chair for megabucks.

See this thread and Post 3.

Anyone got a broken one they want rid of? Could use for spares

I tighten the screws from time to time when I hear/feel they are getting loose.

I haven't lost any bits of it yet.

thanks

View attachment 63848

View attachment 63849

View attachment 63850
I had exactly the same issue yesterday, fortunately I found the screw and plastic bit on the floor, I have now ordered some thread lock.
I tightened the other screws in the other chair ( they were loose)

Be careful if you don’t use the chairs for a while. The design unfortunately lets the screws vibrate loose while stored in the tailgate.

I made an offer for a set on eBay and won the bid for 11 euros. Might be an idea to look there for spares.
VW-California-T5-T6-original-Reparatursatz.jpg

I don't know what VW charges for a complete chair but I've seen them on eBay for as little as 87,45 €. That gets you a lot of spare bits!

we decided early on that the VW chairs would mainly be used if we had a meal outside as they are not exactly comfortable. We bought 2 camping chairs from Aldi at £15 each and they are really comfortable and at £15 you can even leave them outside when you go off for a walk without too much worry. The Vw kit is £100 + each for chairs and £250 for a table. Which makes it very tempting for anyone a bit light fingered..

we decided early on that the VW chairs would mainly be used if we had a meal outside as they are not exactly comfortable. We bought 2 camping chairs from Aldi at £15 each and they are really comfortable and at £15 you can even leave them outside when you go off for a walk without too much worry. The Vw kit is £100 + each for chairs and £250 for a table. Which makes it very tempting for anyone a bit light fingered..

We’ve had our Cali for 17 months now and haven’t used the VW chairs once. I think I’ve taken them out of their pouch to check but that’s all. Weird I know.

We’ve had our Cali for 17 months now and haven’t used the VW chairs once. I think I’ve taken them out of their pouch to check but that’s all. Weird I know.
Dinner after an all day hike in German Alps. It’s the parking lot of a 100 year old power plant in the middle of a forest next to a lake with a beach. It uses the difference in altitude between two lakes to generate power. Parking all night is tolerated if you behave re: noise and waste.

Note: 2 bikes safely on the rack. If your tailgate can’t do this at 22 C., the gas struts are either shot or the wrong specification. In colder weather I use a broom handle.

Note #2: We turn the handle bars on the bikes so they don’t interfere with raising the roof. Learned the hard way.

Last edited:
Is this a jinxed week? I have the same chair problem - 2 x armrest screws (1 on each chair). I only realised because one fell out at Calke Abbey and we found the screw and spacer on the floor. So one chair repaired but still need one screw and spacer.

The club shop sell a full set of screws for £24.99 (Chair repair kit). Bummer if you only need one!

We do use the chairs. I think if we didn’t I’d leave them at home and use that handy storage area for something else.

I had exactly the same issue yesterday, fortunately I found the screw and plastic bit on the floor, I have now ordered some thread lock.
I tightened the other screws in the other chair ( they were loose)
What’s thread lock, Perfectos?

UPDATE: Fixed the chair -- there are 10 screws on each chair.

I counted 5 loose on each chair with 2 about to fall out.

So I went round every screw and tightened it adding a bit of thread lock to each one.

Thanks @kp64zl your post got me checking my chairs to find one very loose bolt, you've just saved me £24.99 and another item to add to regular maintenance checks. :)

Thanks @kp64zl your post got me checking my chairs to find one very loose bolt, you've just saved me £24.99 and another item to add to regular maintenance checks. :)
I think we’ll all be doing it now. I found out about threadlock through this thread, so thanks guys.

I’m sure though after a while we’ll all start forgetting, afterall if you look back there’s been threads like this before. Maybe every so often we can post a reminder if we remember to check ours.

Back