Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping gaz 907 ??

milli117

milli117

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi just got new van so where do we get our gas from as most places are saying they only sell empty?? We are in west Scotland so what are the suppliers to look at??

Hi just got new van so where do we get our gas from as most places are saying they only sell empty?? We are in west Scotland so what are the suppliers to look at??
Lots of previous recommendations on here for Chorley Gas, but they are displaying "out of stock" at the moment.

Campinggaz dealer locator on their site here.....

west of Scotland, could try West highland gas, depts in Fort William and Oban plus others I think.

Calor Gas Centre's sell them but don't advertise the fact.

ebay. go outdoors. marine / chandlery shop. i get mine from the local boat yard

I got my last one from Go Outdoors, but you may find that some campsites have them. Buy an empty gas cylinder off EBay/Gumtree and it’s cheaper to trade in for a full one. I paid £75 from Go Outdoors for a full cylinder with no exchange (as I wanted a spare one), but I’ve usually paid £30-35 for exchanging an empty cylinder for a full one.

We have bought them from D Jamieson & Son, Crow Road, Glasgow and Tiso in Glasgow, but best to phone first to confirm in stock.

Try looking on Gumtree, when I bought my van that’s what I did. I got 2 for £30 and one of them was over half full.

I got one in the Glencoe garage if you're near there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Try Russel Gas, Larbert and Stirling depots.

Try Go Outdoors, Coatbridge. They sell full gaz canisters

I purchased a 907 from Craigsview Caravan & Trailer Centre in Dumfries (296 Annan Rd, Dumfries DG1 3JE) last week, very nice gent to talk to but tied to Calor's crazy price £36.99 for a re-fill!

It is probably the first that I have bought in the UK for at least five years. I always ensure that I have two full bottles when I leave France for about 25Euros each.

38.50 is the going rate at my usual supplier, in London (sorry OP). They even apologized and said that campingaz had upped the price.

38.50 is the going rate at my usual supplier, in London (sorry OP). They even apologized and said that campingaz had upped the price.
Rip-off Britain, you get way less than a fiver's worth of gas! As far as I am aware the UK franchise is with Calor but it's been said the cylinders have to go back to France to be tested and filled. Has the dreaded Bre**t word affected the price?

I just paid £34 at a campsite local to me and commented that it seemed a reasonable price - she said they try not to rip people off like many other places.
Local garages often have them as well.

I just paid £34 at a campsite local to me and commented that it seemed a reasonable price - she said they try not to rip people off like many other places.
Local garages often have them as well.
Although that’s not too bad, Campingaz inherently a complete rip off.

LPG costs 55p/l.
1l = 0.5kg

The 2.7kg of gas in a 907 cylinder should cost £1.50

That’s how much it now costs me with an underslung lpg tank.

Although that’s not too bad, Campingaz inherently a complete rip off.

LPG costs 55p/l.
1l = 0.5kg

The 2.7kg of gas in a 907 cylinder should cost £1.50

That’s how much it now costs me with an underslung lpg tank.
Maths was off, it should cost £3.00.

That tank was an astute purchase.
Yes, certainly for me, it only really works out to be cost effective if you use quite a lot of gas though. It’s also nice having an electronic shut off valve and gas level gauge.

That tank was an astute purchase.
I guess it depends how much it cost to install the tank and how much gas is used. Most on this forum will only use intermittently for a small two gas burner.

I guess it depends how much it cost to install the tank and how much gas is used. Most on this forum will only use intermittently for a small two gas burner.
This is true. Campingaz is super expensive even compared to Calor cylinders though. It’s also hard to find and even more expensive than here in some countries. I’m not a fan.