Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping in a Tunnel

Fozzy

Fozzy

Vehicle
T5 Beach
When booking the tunnel;what does ours come under????we have no gas and no kitchen,there are so many options
Thanks FOZZY

Put your reg number in & they will tell you.

Beach is ‘High Car (over 1.85m)’ booked my own a week ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was that using the online booking with your registration number?

Hi There, yes it was but my Beach says MPV on the V5 (DVLA classed it as that even though I wrote Motor Caravan on the registration papers), however, I believe you’re given the choice on a drop down box as to CAR BELOW 1.85, CAR ABOVE 1.85, CAMPERVAN, VAN, CAR WITH BIKES etc etc.... go through it on the website and it gives you all of these choices and prices accordingly well before payment/commitment. I put Campervan in initially and it came in at around £117 one way so I scooted back and put Car over 1.85m and it came to £95.

So, in short, when I did it, the registration No. and vehicle classification were left up to me to enter. Hope that helps. Stu

Edit: Here are the choices on the first page of the Eurotunnel Website:

f96e856ccabb83d24e7b821b0d384f14.jpg

Just tried a dummy run with my reg number and it tells me off if I have put car over 1.85m in... Wants to charge me as campervan due to v5 class (motor caravan).

Just tried a dummy run with my reg number and it tells me off if I have put car over 1.85m in... Wants to charge me as campervan due to v5 class (motor caravan).

Ah, so they’re ok taking more money from me if I’m an MPV and put in Campervan but not the other way round - Typical!

In that case, perhaps worth calling them up to book over the phone and tell them you haven’t got a sink or a hob etc. I’ve booked over the phone many times and they’re usually very helpful. You still get the same confirmation email with a booking reference and password so you can then go in and make amendments online even though it was phone booked. Good luck, be interested to know how you get on.

Ah, so they’re ok taking more money from me if I’m an MPV and put in Campervan but not the other way round - Typical!

In that case, perhaps worth calling them up to book over the phone and tell them you haven’t got a sink or a hob etc. I’ve booked over the phone many times and they’re usually very helpful. You still get the same confirmation email with a booking reference and password so you can then go in and make amendments online even though it was phone booked. Good luck, be interested to know how you get on.

Tried that last year, rebuffed by supervisor. :headbang
2018 plans not made yet...

Back