Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping with no hook up

D

DUMBODOGGY

We have just booked to go to our favourite site in Hayle Cornwall. We usually take our old T25 but this time we are taking our T6 Ocean. Unfortunately we cannot get a pitch with electric hook up. We plan to use the California every day to explore southern Cornwall. The question I have is, will the leisure batteries be enough (to charge phones, run fridge/lighting etc or do we really need to find an elec pitch?

You should be fine. Mine will run for 4 days without hookup and no driving .

Great. Just after a little reassurance. Thats made me feel a bit better! Cheers :)

Great. Just after a little reassurance. Thats made me feel a bit better! Cheers :)
Just plug in the Mains before you go and get the Fridge going so it's down to your selected temperature before you leave.
Driving will only charge the Leisure Batteries upto about 80-90% of their total capacity. Don't believe the Control Panel . Charging the Leisure Batteries , by plugging the California into the Mains for 12/24 hrs every month, will keep them in top condition and should give you 4 - 5 days normal use with No driving at all.

I think you'll be fine. We were up in Aberdaron last week, camped for 48 hours. Fridge, music, chargers etc. Leisure batteries went from 100% to 80%. The only downside is having to fire up gas for the morning brew rather than flick a switch on the electric kettle whilst still in bed!

If you''re touring around you will be absolutely fine as everyone has said.

I can get 4+ days from a single 80a/h battery in a Beach you should be fine with your SE two battery setup. :) Admittedly you have a fridge that uses more power but if you're touring I suspect you won't really notice..

As others have said, no problem if you are running the vehicle daily. I ran mine with no hook-up for three weeks through a Scottish winter, when it got dark for lights to be on at 4pm and dawn broke sometime after lunch the following day :shocked

We have just returned from a very wet Womad and been 4 days on battery.

The control panel indicated a remaining charge of 80% when we left this morning. That was the fridge, 2 x Iphone to be charged and an hour of the heater on low on one wet and chilly night. You should be fine.

Alan