Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping with stuff on the roof!

R

RyanT6Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi guys,

I’ve just installed my roof bars for my surfboard, I’ve seen some pictures of people camping with their roof up with kayaks and so on still on the roof.

Is there any guidance on this?
Any idea if this is the way to do it on locking the surfboard on?

I’ve got a VW California T6

Thanks!

I think the roof can carry a load of 50kg. In the up or down position. You would think it could take more when down but I hear VW now say the weight is the same. I'm sure it used to be100kg when down. A surf board will be fine either way. Just make sure the tailgate clears it when you open it

Hi guys,

I’ve just installed my roof bars for my surfboard, I’ve seen some pictures of people camping with their roof up with kayaks and so on still on the roof.

Is there any guidance on this?
Any idea if this is the way to do it on locking the surfboard on?

I’ve got a VW California T6

Thanks!

Multiple surfboards / SUP will be fine. as they don't weigh that much. Board & Skinny roof box is also possible (just watch the overall weight is within 50kgs - incl the roofbars, roofbox + contents)

If you are having to tie multiple boards frequently in the wind by yourself, can recommend the below.:

Otherwise locking roofrack straps are a good investment:

Multiple surfboards / SUP will be fine. as they don't weigh that much. Board & Skinny roof box is also possible (just watch the overall weight is within 50kgs - incl the roofbars, roofbox + contents)

If you are having to tie multiple boards frequently in the wind by yourself, can recommend the below.:

Otherwise locking roofrack straps are a good investment:

Thanks so much, those Kanu Locks look excellent!

Back