Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingaz 907 bottles

John

John

VIP Member
Camping World in Horsham are currently selling a large stock of empty Campingaz 907 bottles. They are being sold off for £10. The refill cost is £22.95 so for £32.95 you can get yourself a spare gas bottle for your Cali. This is a massive saving on the cost of a new bottle do the maths yourself as I believe a full bottle cost around £75.

Intermarche in Normandy a few months back they were around 47 Euro so not much in it any more, prices seem to be coming down over here .

Be aware that some stockists/sites will not exchange for full cylinders without the screw in handle......these are available for approx £2.00 on eBay if you have misplaced yours :idea:

Chris

Paid over £80 for ours last month... :eek:ops

We got a couple of gas bottles from Camping world in Horsham at the weekend, still super cheap (£10 + £24 refill) gas bottles but only a few left and apparently the suppliers are putting prices up soon.

Any way of knowing when they are running out?!

Gas stops coming out... ;-)

We reckon we did 44 nights in ours from full. So that is probably 35 meals cooked (using both rings) and 100 kettles boiled..

We carry a small bottle as a spare can't remember the number off hand though!

Californiaman said:

We reckon we did 44 nights in ours from full. So that is probably 35 meals cooked (using both rings) and 100 kettles boiled..

I might find out and grab one just in case!

Campingaz is a total rip off compared to other gas prices. But we are stuck with it. Cheapest refill I have come across for a 907 refill was 10 euro in Portugal and most expensive 28 euro in Sicily.

I think it is a 901. Next time I'm in the van I'll check..

Californiaman said:
I think it is a 901. Next time I'm in the van I'll check..

Nice one! I guess a smaller bottle might rattle around a bit but better than having no gas!

Californiaman said:
The small Campingaz bottle is the 904......thought of getting one for a reserve but got put of when I started thinking about it flying about in the back as I could not come up with any safe storage solutions :crazy

KernowLad said:
Any way of knowing when they are running out?!

Weigh an empty bottle plus know the weight when full ...

BerndRos said:
Campingaz is a total rip off compared to other gas prices. But we are stuck with it. Cheapest refill I have come across for a 907 refill was 10 euro in Portugal and most expensive 28 euro in Sicily.

We rarely wild camp and so almost always are plugged into electricity. We always take a two ring electric hob (now looking very bashed) and use it usually outside under the awning , even in the rain, and also inside on top of the cooker. In Spain you have to be careful not to overload the system so put on only one ring at a time but, as they store the heat once the ring is hot you can turn it off and put the second one on and the first one keeps cooking.
We use hardly any gas!

swigle said:
I plan to give these a go ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-NEW-C...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item35b8eab716
£60 for two, filled.
Collect only from Walsall.

I just have! After searching around at various options this just proved to be the best. Fascinating place; a real Aladins trove and worth rooting around in for other "camping bits". It is basically running from a garage in a residential area in Walsall; at first I thought I'd got it wrong with the post code then I saw a guy shifting some gas bottles.

Another fantastic bargain via these pages!

Only useful if you have the bottle out of the van and are near some weighing scales (!) but the full weight of a 907 is around 6.5Kg and the empty weight is around 3.75Kg.

I carry the smallest bottle with the same screw thread on the top as a get me by....think it's a 206 ?

Any fishermen out there, the weight of an empty bottle would be useful. We know the weight of fill gas, so it is possible to measure how much is left at any time.

Apparently the TARE (empty) weight is stamped on the individual bottles as it varies.

Should be about 3.8kg empty, but will be different for each bottle.