Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite in Bristol other than Baltic Wharf?

Elmo3

Elmo3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Other than Baltic Wharf, which seems permanently booked up, are there any other options for camping in Bristol? Can’t see anything.

Other than Baltic Wharf, which seems permanently booked up, are there any other options for camping in Bristol? Can’t see anything.
I've used the Marina campsite on the edge of Bath, Bristol side, next to the Bristol/Bath cycleway, along an old railway line. Easy walk along river to Bath and level cycleway into Bristol. Pub opposite as well.

Many thanks, that looks like a great spot. The only snag is it’s going to be a late night in central Bristol. Might just book into a hotel if no other options nearby (don’t really want to stealth camp)...

Our CMC warden friends told us that although it is always booked up there are often cancellations. So they say to always give the site a call to check for spaces, you could always book your hotel and call the site on the days leading up to your stay and if a spot becomes available, just cancel the hotel booking?

Many motorhomes and campers stay the night in the Maritime carpark just along from the Baltic Wharf site. Provided you have paid and the ticket is in the window, you are left alone. Admittedly it is easier for the motorhomes than campers, as they don’t need any facilities.

There is a loo just round the corner behind the Great Britain at the marina though.

Alan

Just keep checking the website. I did that a number of times then was lucky enough to get a pitch when someone cancelled theres

Wapping wharf. 9 quid over night. Check out a Web site called searchforsites

There is a site outside Bristol https://www.brooklodgefarm.com/gallery/ which looks very nice. I've visited people there, but never stayed. It's just off the A38 after Redhill, but not on the Airport Flight path.
There are also a number of sites around Long Ashton that are there for Festivals and the Balloon Fiesta. They would be basic facilities only.

There is a site outside Bristol https://www.brooklodgefarm.com/gallery/ which looks very nice. I've visited people there, but never stayed. It's just off the A38 after Redhill, but not on the Airport Flight path.
There are also a number of sites around Long Ashton that are there for Festivals and the Balloon Fiesta. They would be basic facilities only.

Not on the flight path if the wind is in the right direction. Lovely site though and beautiful walks on the common - great if you have a dog.

Back