Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite in Dorset

Lee

Lee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi could anyone reccomend any lovely campsites near Poole or in the Dorset area.

Many thanks
Lee

We had a couple of nights here in January bit further down the coast than Poole but great area.

http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/

but expect not as empty as when we went

East Fleet near Weymouth, good base for exploring east and west along the coast.

Try

http://www.burnbake.com/

We were there last weekend and was impressed. Although busy still quiet, woodland site with good small shop, pop-up bar / café and a pretty 3 mile bike ride to Studland beach.

Paul

A vote for burnbake from us too.

We used to love Seatown (Golden Cap) but they have since moved the camping field way up hidden at the back of the site and replaced the hard standings with cabins. I havent tried it but I suspect the seaview is lost too. Still a nice location but it lost its appeal for us sadly.

Thanks for all the recommendations much appreciated

Hi could anyone reccomend any lovely campsites near Poole or in the Dorset area.

Many thanks
Lee
We love Graston Farm near Burton Bradstock, lovely walk over the fields to the village. Three Horseshoes pub excellent and a stroll to the Hive Beach Cafe, wonderful fish restaurant.
Farm only has five pitches! Basic amenities but absolute tranquility !

Farm only has five pitches! Basic amenities but absolute tranquility !

That's the problem with recommending places - my favourite campsite (not in Dorset) is just a field, with a couple of loos and showers at the top. Hardly any of it is level and there are very few hookups - but we love it!

Other people would much rather have hard standings and lots of facilities.

Many thanks
Lee

Hi Lee,
I think it really depends on what you want to do whilst you are 'there'. We enjoy the beach(es) at Studland and so have camped at Burnbake or at a number of the campsites in or around Swanage - as all are less than a 15 minute drive to fab beaches. There are also campsites closer to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Dor which are great spots too. If you can be more specific, then I will try to give you advice based on the time we spent in these areas last summer!
Cheers
Ian

Depends what you are looking for - we live in Poole...
If you want organised and smart then South Lytchett Manor wins lots of awards.
Quirky and rustic try the slightly bonkers Farrs meadow in Wimborne complete with showers in horse boxes.
For beach fun then Burnbake gets lots of votes as you've seen, or Tom's Field.
Any questions feel free to ask as we know most sites locally...

Andie

We've only stayed at one site anywhere near there and that was the CC site called Hunter's Moon near Wareham. The site is a bit out of it but there is an interesting forest directly opposite with loads of coloured walking routes, we got lost in there though!
Nice pub just up the road within walking distance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back