Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite pitches with private bathroom and showers

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We stayed at a campsite with a Private bathroom on our pitch last week and to be honest it has really spoilt us! We are now looking for more sites like this especially in France but please also give us your recommendations for UK too.

I think it was about £38 per night which was not bad for peak season.

We stayed at a campsite with a Private bathroom on our pitch last week and to be honest it has really spoilt us! We are now looking for more sites like this especially in France but please also give us your recommendations for UK too.
Where did you stay?

Premier Inn, they have been doing a £35/night deal and you don't need to spend £??,??? on your transport vehicle!
Or you could book a room for the bathroom and just sleep in the van in the car park.

Premier Inn, they have been doing a £35/night deal and you don't need to spend £??,??? on your transport vehicle!
Everytime I pay for my pitch, I think exactly that!! I Could of had a Hypnos bed for £40!!

Everytime I pay for my pitch, I think exactly that!! I Could of had a Hypnos bed for £40!!

Maybe our campsites in the UK should be looking at their charges.....

£29.50 with all accommodation provided -- vs -- £30.00 + for a patch of grass!!!

Reactions: RFH
Le Plein Air Des Chênes in Montpellier has them. Pleasant campsite but atrociously slow service at check-in, then even worse at check-out to hand in the key and get the deposit back. They have to check the private facilities first but didn’t turn up at the agreed time. I threw a tantrum after waiting nearly an hour, with the queue still 8 deep, dumping the keys on the desk and walking out. To be fair, they did reimburse me online after I wrote to complain, but I’ll bet plenty campers just abandon the money if they don’t have the time to wait or make a fuss.

La Fuente at Banos de Fortuna, Spain. Built on hot springs, two heated pools with jets. Highly recommended and we are headed there later this month.

The difference between campsite prices in the uk compared to France and Spain is incredible we have found. when we first bought our Van Easter 2015 we decided to have our first night in campsite. We live in South Wales and we headed west. We came upon what looked like a very popular site called Kiln park. We hadn’t booked so we had no idea of the prices. My wife went to reception and in a couple of minutes came back to the van.... She said she asked how much and they said £75, not knowing what to expect she said if that was for the week NO that’s per night they said... Needless to say we moved on a bit and found somewhere else although not as nice well basic that was £25 a night....In all the times we have now camped in France and Spain we have never paid more than €23. Granted this is not peak times. We are with ACSI and the highest price you can pay is €20 all inclusive. That’s not peak season.....We have stayed in some absolutely fabulous campsites for between €16 and €20. ACSI is well worth the money as you get their app which shows all the campsites when you load it onto your iPad or phone...

Camping Arlberg at Pettneu near st Anton in Austria.

I have stayed at Smytham too..... I agree the heated private bathrooms and the attached washing- up facilities are great......great views ....good local walking and cycling trail with good cafes to walk to .....dog friendly.....bar....pool......close to RHS gardens ..... I will be returning

Won’t be long until there’s a Campaign for Real Campsites, it worked for Beer! My worry would be that if there’s a demand for sites with en-suite facilities with prices and profits to match, then traditional sites might become harder to find.

Hi we also stayed at Smytham. Have you found anywhere similar?

I stayed at les 3 vallées at Argelès - Gazost, was there for a bike race and just wanted a shower afterwards, otherwise i’d have slept in the van somewhere. It was eye wateringly expensive (has a kind of water park inside) but the bathrooms were better than most hotels I’ve stayed in. Just in case the OP is still looking after three years ;)

La Fuente at Banos de Fortuna, Spain. Built on hot springs, two heated pools with jets. Highly recommended and we are headed there later this month.
Fantastic camp site and there are, if memory serves, 5 or 6 blocks, 4 spaces per block with private toilet/shower.
Very nice indeed!

Garmisch Perfect camping:
5d8a91ee679cd1d8db98c5a7dad2ecfe.jpg