Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite Recommendation France - between Narbonne & Perpignan (Aude 11)

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anyone recommend a nice campsite in the Narbonne / Perpignan area (Aude dept) please? for a few days over the easter holidays.

Ideally we like a quiet low key kind of place - farmstay kind of thing fine, electricity not essential.

any thoughts, recommendations of specific sites would be appreciated. I've done the searches on the various websites but would love to hear from those with first hand experience of a particular place (either good or bad)

thanks!

We stayed in Les Mediterraneans in 2019. It has three seperate campsites with the Beach Garden on the beach. There is a camping area at the back ofthe site that is right on the beach and is stunning. Not quite a farm stay but we were there in Septemebr and was really quiet.

Would defintely recommend - Cap D'Agde is a walk on the beach away, the town of Marseillan Plage is nice, but Marseillan, just inland, is special

John

Can anyone recommend a nice campsite in the Narbonne / Perpignan area (Aude dept) please? for a few days over the easter holidays.

Ideally we like a quiet low key kind of place - farmstay kind of thing fine, electricity not essential.

any thoughts, recommendations of specific sites would be appreciated. I've done the searches on the various websites but would love to hear from those with first hand experience of a particular place (either good or bad)

thanks!
Not sure how close to either Narbonne or Perpignan you'd want to be, but we stayed at a camp site called 'La Borio de Roques' and really liked it. It's about 55km north of Narbonne. Their website (https://www.borioderoque.com/index.php?lang=en) can be set to English. Check it out, I bet you'll love the atmosphere. The young couple that owns the site are (half?) Dutch and kind. They helped us out when we noticed we had a problem with the van just after we arrived at their site. It's a lovely small green campsite in a forest, with enough privacy on every pitch. You hear nothing but birds. They sell the basic things (bread, drinks) and have a small swimming pool, but that's it. Small, green and quiet. I found some photos from when we visited the camp site in 2019, when we were on a 3 month trip through Europe:

van2-scaled.jpg

Spacious green and quiet pitches. I think they have somewhere around 20 pitches...
van1-scaled.jpg

Our spot, when we still owned the T4...
walk-scaled.jpg

view-scaled.jpg

Nice walks in the mountains, directly from the camp site...

cherries-scaled.jpg

Great tasting cherries all around the camp site..

We also took our bikes to ride on the 'voie verte' that is close by. (One of several in France). The voie verte is a train track that is no longer used by trains and has been made into a straight, long cycling path. It allows you to bike for as long as you want, without traffic and in nice surroundings.

Not sure how close to either Narbonne or Perpignan you'd want to be, but we stayed at a camp site called 'La Borio de Roques' and really liked it. It's about 55km north of Narbonne. Their website (https://www.borioderoque.com/index.php?lang=en) can be set to English. Check it out, I bet you'll love the atmosphere. The young couple that owns the site are (half?) Dutch and kind. They helped us out when we noticed we had a problem with the van just after we arrived at their site. It's a lovely small green campsite in a forest, with enough privacy on every pitch. You hear nothing but birds. They sell the basic things (bread, drinks) and have a small swimming pool, but that's it. Small, green and quiet. I found some photos from when we visited the camp site in 2019, when we were on a 3 month trip through Europe:

van2-scaled.jpg

Spacious green and quiet pitches. I think they have somewhere around 20 pitches...
van1-scaled.jpg

Our spot, when we still owned the T4...
walk-scaled.jpg

view-scaled.jpg

Nice walks in the mountains, directly from the camp site...

cherries-scaled.jpg

Great tasting cherries all around the camp site..

We also took our bikes to ride on the 'voie verte' that is close by. (One of several in France). The voie verte is a train track that is no longer used by trains and has been made into a straight, long cycling path. It allows you to bike for as long as you want, without traffic and in nice surroundings.
Thanks for that tip ...I live not far from here ... some lovely gorges (d'heric) and cycling around the lakes And of course la Voie Verte Very quite ...sometimes weekend gets a bit busy

Back