Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites around Calpe and Altea

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
Due to it looking like another wet and miserable Christmas here in the uk, we have decided to boo a crossing on Boxing Day and heading south through France into Spain, we are looking at the Costa Blanca coast as it looks like we could get some nice weather there but we are just looking for campsite recommendations please ?

El Raco in Benidorm had a certain charm about it iykwim and easy walk into town.

Due to it looking like another wet and miserable Christmas here in the uk, we have decided to boo a crossing on Boxing Day and heading south through France into Spain, we are looking at the Costa Blanca coast as it looks like we could get some nice weather there but we are just looking for campsite recommendations please ?
We stayed at the south western end of the Costa Blanca - so the opposite end from your search area. A well ordered campsite called Camping Mar Azul with pool which I think is heated and open 365 days of the year (please check). There are many people from Northern Europe who migrate there for the winter and there is a real community feel. Toilets are clean. Takes ASCI Camping Card.

The immediate area is a land of poly tunnels, look on google maps and you will see what I mean. This has two advantages:
1) it is not particularly touristy:
2) the vegetables served in the site’s restaurant are the most delicious I’ve ever tasted.
The beach is empty and stoney.

Not a recommendation, as we would not return other than to overnight, but just an idea of what it is like.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
https://www.campingsoldecalpe.com/en

This is a camper-van only site just on the same road as the other site, so also good position. No idea what it like. The website shows 2 sites but the map will show which is which.
calpe campervan site.jpg

Friends have stayed at this site it is a little further to walk to Calpe center but on a cycle path route. Quiet but if I remember Ok more space than some sites. Not visited for about 5 years so cannot update on current status.

http://www.lamerced.eu/