Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites for Wembley Stadium

J

James Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone have recommendations or experience of campsites that are handy for access to Wembley Stadium? Travelling from Somerset, so preferably on the west of the capital - Berkshire, Buckinghamshire etc.

Would like to be able to park the van at a campsite, walk to a station to catch a train on a Wembley line and do the same on the way back.

Does anyone have recommendations or experience of campsites that are handy for access to Wembley Stadium? Travelling from Somerset, so preferably on the west of the capital - Berkshire, Buckinghamshire etc.

Would like to be able to park the van at a campsite, walk to a station to catch a train on a Wembley line and do the same on the way back.
Apologies, didnt realise id posted in covid discussion, its not but never mind

Hi.

The best trains will be on the Marylebone line or the Met tube line. Otherwise you are looking at a couple of changes of train/tube.

This site could work: https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...kinghamshire/wyatts-covert-caravan-club-site/ It's just off M40

Really depends if you are wanting to walk from site or drive to a suitable station/road near the Met line.

If drive/park the Northwood or Ruislip stations on met line are close(ish) to Wembley but still safe to park a Cali up. Dm if this would be of interest and I can suggest a few places.

I don’t have any campsite suggestions but the Chiltern Line branch that runs from Princes Risborough, High Wycombe, Gerrards Cross, Denham, etc stops at Wembley Stadium so along that line would be a good option.

Another way to put in the mix : anywhere along the Metropolitan line outlying areas going to Wembley Park - no suggestions for site sorry.

E5BCB2E0-5D4E-4FE9-8681-34D8FD2EFDCA.jpeg

This site may help in planning identifying possible campsit.
example, I put in sitems near “Croxley green“ (over ground tube station) has a decent fair size car park with CCTV and relatively cheap to park.

Hi.

The best trains will be on the Marylebone line or the Met tube line. Otherwise you are looking at a couple of changes of train/tube.

This site could work: https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-...kinghamshire/wyatts-covert-caravan-club-site/ It's just off M40

Really depends if you are wanting to walk from site or drive to a suitable station/road near the Met line.

If drive/park the Northwood or Ruislip stations on met line are close(ish) to Wembley but still safe to park a Cali up. Dm if this would be of interest and I can suggest a few places.
We have stayed at Wyatts Covert before for a trip to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley. It’s a small quiet site with a 20-ish minute walk to the local station and a direct train to Wembley - I can’t remember the journey time sorry! Would definitely recommend but remember to take a torch for the walk back to the campsite as there aren’t street lights all the way

We have stayed at Wyatts Covert before for a trip to see Fleetwood Mac at Wembley. It’s a small quiet site with a 20-ish minute walk to the local station and a direct train to Wembley - I can’t remember the journey time sorry! Would definitely recommend but remember to take a torch for the walk back to the campsite as there aren’t street lights all the way
That’s a good call and takes me back to my teen years when I lived at the top end of Tilehouse Lane near the Aerodrome. Other famous residents included Roger Moore and Cilla Black :) :)

Just make sure you don't miss the last train/tube back, otherwise could be an expensive taxi ride!

Just make sure you don't miss the last train/tube back, otherwise could be an expensive taxi ride!
Also, if you jump on a Chiltern line train, make sure it stops at Denham (some don’t). If you miss the Chiltern Line train, jump on the Tube to Uxbridge which is only a few miles from Denham.