Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites with direct beach acess

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking for a change of scenery to take the kayak out, does anyone know any good campsites with direct access to a beach or lake?

No last time I stayed there was about 18 years ago :rofl :rofl
Just thought it was nice with its own beach :thumb

How far will you travel? Pentewan sands in Cornwall? Try ukcampsite website as you can search with beach option.

Bit late I know Martin. Bit far for you as well I'm guessing but Achmelvich campsite near Lochinver in NW Scotland would be great if you got the weather. Stunning location and great beach. Good eating to be had nearby also :)

Try this site - dedicated to waterside campsites:

http://www.cabbagemedia.com/campsites/

I like one which I think is called Side Farm, on the banks of Ullswater. Never taken the van there, but have camped there a few times.

548e9d1b.jpg

dan

side farm, excellent site tents and small campers only no booking get there early on a friday for a lakeside pitch.

Shell Island south of Harlech in North Wales. The biggest beach access site I've stayed on anywhere in Europe.

Just got back from low reay camp site on Windermere good access to beach if you get a woodland pitch swan and ducks very friendly especially meal times :D

ive just been round cornwall in the camper and struggled to find campsites next to the sea really close to a beach.

the waterfront campsite site manily had river/ lakeside sites when i looked.

pentewan doesnt take dogs and is a massive holiday park type site.

tristram in polzeath nr padstow is a nice site, fairly low key and is right next to a massive surf beach and some good kayaking / fishing. good facilities, lots of vws there when we were there.