Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campstar King 120 Self Inflating Mattress - They're here!

CampervanBits

CampervanBits

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
N/A

1f4a5.png
They've Finally Dropped!
1f4a5.png

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...-inflating-mattress-vw-california-and-rib-112

Campstar King 120-01.jpg
Campstar King 120-02-01.jpg

Afternoon folks, a couple of questions around this one being able to be used and stored in the roof when deflated. I've tried it in the T6 California and fully deflated the roof closes fine. I had the valves facing the front of the van and slightly overhanging the bedframe as per the picture. I think a T6.1 would be fine too but I'm awaiting feedback. For the taller person - I'd recommend packing up the rear end of the bed to the same size as the mattress (the part where you have a small bit of the original mattress.) We were considering having a roof specific one made for next year, but after popping this one up there, it's that close I'm struggling to see the point.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.50 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.50 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.50 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.50 PM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-11 at 1.20.50 PM.jpeg

Would love to hear how it compares to the S2S Comfort Deluxe.

How is it constructed? Is there a foam insert?

Interesting ! Does the mat have any thermal ratings - if used on the ground instead of in a van? Also - how long is it guaranteed for?

Tried my mattress out for the first time at the weekend and all i can say is wow what a difference it has made to my camping experience. i have had my van for a few years and this is the best i have slept in a long long time. Thanks for getting this made.

Would love to hear how it compares to the S2S Comfort Deluxe.

How is it constructed? Is there a foam insert?
Yes it has foam inside which makes it self inflate - there's a more detailed look at the mattress - - > Here also a comparison to the S2S mattress.

Anyone who missed this thread the first time - there are proving really popular and with 100 sold now, we're getting really good feedback!

Hi

In the t6 are you taking out the thin mattress or putting this mattress on top of it, so there are 2 mattress' up there? We have a t6.1.

Phil

Last edited:
We used the self inflating mattress on top of the VW mattress. As such, we didn’t leave it up there when closing the roof. Also we find the mattress inflates itself when rolled up and the valves are shut. It’s easy to get into its bag, but a real tug of war to get it out! I wouldn’t be confident it will stay deflated when in the roof. Also found the deflation process was a pain, until we got a small pump and the attachment bit from Campervanbits. We now use Duvalay toppers - much easier to use, store and are very comfy.

Back