Can any part number guru's help?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
My passenger door lock is getting temperamental and I believe needs swapping out. I believe it's the sort of part shown below.
Screenshot_20200812_150724_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
Because I'm left hand drive, I'm struggling to know which part number I'm looking for, and know some here are great at working their way through the parts catalogue..... So it's the (my) passenger side, which would be drivers side in a UK van.

As only one sidedoor is intended for use with a key, I don't want to assume I just need a RHD drivers door part, but I get lost trying to navigate the parts systems.

If anyone can help, it's a 2006 Cali SE (Comfortline)

Once I've identified the correct part I can decide whether to spend £20 on a Chinese copy or £200+ on the vw. It's a bit of a job to fit, so maybe the latter.

For me, its much simpler, I would never buy a Chinese knock off.
So go to the dealer and give them your vin number and let them get the current one :)

I recently bought a replacement lock for the slider from "deutscheparts" on ebay, very quick service, cheaper (not much) than VW & had to provide VIN number etc to them as they wanted to make sure I had ordered the correct one before they posted it. Highly recommended supplier .

For me, its much simpler, I would never buy a Chinese knock off.
So go to the dealer and give them your vin number and let them get the current one :)
I understand, but one of the reasons I'm considering the 'china' is I'm not 100% that I've identified the root of my problem. (which is about 50% of the times, that door doesn't lock, or unlock). The 'pin' that sticks through the door card jiggles a bit, even when the lock / unlock is unsuccessful. If I can gain confidence that component is the one at fault, I would be happier to pay for the better part..... which will be made in China ;)

I understand, but one of the reasons I'm considering the 'china' is I'm not 100% that I've identified the root of my problem. (which is about 50% of the times, that door doesn't lock, or unlock). The 'pin' that sticks through the door card jiggles a bit, even when the lock / unlock is unsuccessful. If I can gain confidence that component is the one at fault, I would be happier to pay for the better part..... which will be made in China ;)
Mine does exactly the same but decided to put up with it for the time being

Mine does exactly the same but decided to put up with it for the time being
It must be an added extra! I'm a bit worried if it fails completely then its a hell of a job.... As the door needs to be open to remove the door card...

Back