Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can anybody recommend hotel an hour or so south of Calais?

bigmac77

bigmac77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
We are heading to the Alps in the Cali in a few weeks. There are four of us so we have accommodation booked for our destination but we are going to travel down over a couple of days. I would like to stay overnight somewhere an hour or so south of Calais on the A26 route. Any recommendations?

Unless you are looking for something more fancy (in which case I would use Tripadvisor) I would be looking on http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/united-kingdom/index.shtml which cover a variety of price points of hotels which are ideal for the European traveller.
I recently got back from a ski trip to Austria in the Cali and used these and they are perfect.

Don't need anything swanky just as long as it is clean and we won't get all our ski gear nicked. I will check out the link. Thanks.

Heading for Calais from the South a couple years ago I used the Ibis Styles Hotel at Bethune. Typical Ibis chain hotel but very convenient just of the A26 for a pit stop about an hour from Calais

Personally I'd avoid a soulless Accord hotels although I should thank them as it was their cock up which resulted in me having no where to stay in calais at midnight that was final push to be Cali owner.

Www.logishotels.com has lovely hotels/bbs, usually with a good restaurant. I've stayed a couple of times at Ferme du vert. Really French, lovely food, great rooms, cheaper than Ibis, 15 mins from A26. I think they may be in French Passion too as have seen mobile homes on car park.

Heading for Calais from the South a couple years ago I used the Ibis Styles Hotel at Bethune. Typical Ibis chain hotel but very convenient just of the A26 for a pit stop about an hour from Calais
Had a looked and it is nice and close to the motorway so have booked it. Thanks.