Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can anyone recommend a campsite good for small children?

Monkeytree

Monkeytree

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Morning.

We're looking to spend our first night in the new California, we have two small children (2 and 4) so was thinking a campsite with a play area or something would be nice. Does anyone know of any in the south of England, new forest, maybe Dorset area? I'm thinking more play area with swings etc rather than running free in the woods and streams etc, as they're a bit little for this unsupervised constantly.

Thanks.

Inside out park at Blanford forum is a good one.

I can recommend East Fleet near Weymouth has good playpark and facilities. The proprieter is a Cali owner too, also a forum sponsor I think. Great on site shop, visiting food stalls etc.

I can recommend East Fleet near Weymouth has good playpark and facilities. The proprieter is a Cali owner too, also a forum sponsor I think. Great on site shop, visiting food stalls etc.
East fleet looks good thanks, now waiting for a sunny day...

When I lived in the South East we used to like 'Sandy Balls' site on the edge of the New Forest - they have a mixed site of lodges / statics / camping field and the swimming pool and restaurant & shops area is nice, I remember spending a lot of time waiting in the ballpit slides area ...

Probably a good toe-in-the-water place as you gain confidence.

I would also say East Fleet for your 1st adventure would be a good site, full facilities and close to the seaside, Portland Bill , Boving Tank Museum to name a few. I would say just go for it rather than wait for weather to be spot on.

You could try Ulwell in Dorset between Swanage and Studland. We go their with our young children and they love the massive (and safe) slide, playground and indoor pool with small water slide and water squirts. The location is spot on too with excellent walks and beach nearby. It isn't a huge site, but has a shop and somewhere to eat.

Steve

Morning.

We're looking to spend our first night in the new California, we have two small children (2 and 4) so was thinking a campsite with a play area or something would be nice. Does anyone know of any in the south of England, new forest, maybe Dorset area? I'm thinking more play area with swings etc rather than running free in the woods and streams etc, as they're a bit little for this unsupervised constantly.

Thanks.
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/

Use the Search by town/area with filters for playground/beach etc. Many Campsites and lots of reviews.

Back