Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can we request a DIY accessories topic?

D.I.Y. topic? Can only Bring Quality to the forum.......

And now who will move all the socalled existing DIY-topic to the new subcategory....
....maybe @CDinFrance can start looking them up as he was the starter of this ...:D

@Martin
I was wondering , can the starter of a topic move his own topic from one category to a other category or can this only be done by admins/mods ?

If so everyone who has ever started DIY topics could put them there themselves...

And now who will move all the socalled existing DIY-topic to the new subcategory....
....maybe @CDinFrance can start looking them up as he was the starter of this ...:D
You know it's one of Newtons three laws of Motion. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". As ever HC you make me smile. Keep it coming. I love this place :):).

@Jabberwocky , i'm not smiling here.....this means we as mods can do all the effort to move those posts....
If one should just only use the search function and type : DIY ....would be much easyer imo.
:bananadance2

@Jabberwocky , i'm not smiling here.....this means we as mods can do all the effort to move those posts....
If one should just only use the search function and type : DIY ....would be much easyer imo.
:bananadance2
@hotel california , I am in full agreement with you. I would be a tad frustrated too. Those who suggest these additions/changes should remember their school physics and I thought your reaction was great, even predictable. I too am sorry that the work required as is for these kind of suggestions falls to those who didn't make the suggestion and who are not recognised by all the members as volunteers. I also think that some responsibility comes with the suggestion if accepted. Can a temporary pass to allow the originator to help with these changes be put in place so that workloads can be shared? Just an idea and yes more use of the search engine would help us all. Do we need instructions about how to use the search engine (I know someone will suggest I do this!! Happy to oblige if required.) :)

Can the OP in a thread change the title of the thread? If they can you could ask them to add 'DIY' into the title so it would come up in any search for those sorts of threads. And if they can't, it would be a lot quicker for the admins to do that than to move all the threads.

There's the other thing - if all DIY accessories go under the DIY heading, then they won't be in the relevant section ie seating or storage etc.

(just playing devil's advocate here, I don't have an opinion on which is better)

I think this is a very good option, as search is always useful. If anyone sees an old thread that is not so easy to find, then asking the OP to add DIY: at the beginning of the title is a simple process.

Just to clarify, I think DIY should only cover things you actually make yourself. Getting an auto-radio company to upgrade speakers would not qualify, but detailed instructions on adding acoustic baffling material in the doors might.

Back