Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Canary in a Tunnel ... Could you help use chunnel!?

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have been reading all threads that I can and I am getting a better idea of how to use the Eurotunnel. THANKS for all your help! We’d plan to arrive late afternoon to early evening the night before on each side … and catch the Eurotunnel as soon as we can get up & packed up … 7:30-8:30 in the morning.

We are a family of 5 in a Beach, who anticipate needing to spill over with the 3 boys sleeping in the awning tent … or having the stuff spill over into the awning tent and the boys sleep down below. … so we’d need to stay in a campground and as a very last resort a hotel before crossing the chunnel … and in the very worst case, the boys sleeping in the 3 person bench with it reclined.

FOLKESTONE:

~ Drum Inn Campsite

~ 'Little Switzerland' campsite.

~ Blackhorse farm CC

~ Canterbury Camp site

CALAIS SIDE:

Camping la bien assise, Caps et Marais d'Opale Natural Regional Park, D231, 62340 Guines, Francia

Could you please help with some questions?

Eurotunnel questions:

~ The number of people doesn’t matter in price when booking Eurotunnel?

~ Thule case on rear door bike rack should count as bike rack?

~ Time to port arrive before these early morning mid-week trips in the high season?

Eurotunnel camping questions:

~ Could we leave as early (or arrive as late) as desired from all these campsites near Folkestone & Calais?

~ We need membership with CC to stay at their site?

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 8.36.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 8.39.28 PM.png

Drum Inn, 8mins.png

Calais camping.png

Oops I meant to ask if ... Thule case on bike rack counted as a "ROOF BOX"?

I have been reading all threads that I can and I am getting a better idea of how to use the Eurotunnel. THANKS for all your help! We’d plan to arrive late afternoon to early evening the night before on each side … and catch the Eurotunnel as soon as we can get up & packed up … 7:30-8:30 in the morning.

We are a family of 5 in a Beach, who anticipate needing to spill over with the 3 boys sleeping in the awning tent … or having the stuff spill over into the awning tent and the boys sleep down below. … so we’d need to stay in a campground and as a very last resort a hotel before crossing the chunnel … and in the very worst case, the boys sleeping in the 3 person bench with it reclined.

FOLKESTONE:

~ Drum Inn Campsite

~ 'Little Switzerland' campsite.

~ Blackhorse farm CC

~ Canterbury Camp site

CALAIS SIDE:

Camping la bien assise, Caps et Marais d'Opale Natural Regional Park, D231, 62340 Guines, Francia

Could you please help with some questions?

Eurotunnel questions:

~ The number of people doesn’t matter in price when booking Eurotunnel?

~ Thule case on rear door bike rack should count as bike rack?

~ Time to port arrive before these early morning mid-week trips in the high season?

Eurotunnel camping questions:

~ Could we leave as early (or arrive as late) as desired from all these campsites near Folkestone & Calais?

~ We need membership with CC to stay at their site?

View attachment 20160

View attachment 20161

View attachment 20162

View attachment 20163
No need for Membership, cost a little more than Members at this site near Folkestone
www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/england/south-east-england/kent/black-horse-farm-caravan-club-site/

Best to enquire directly to site regarding booking requirement and vehicle movement times.

I can't answer all your questions, but the price is per vehicle, no matter how many passengers, but you will have to give the number of passengers and then list them - part of the booking condition.
There are some threads on the Eurotunnel Beach pricing - is it a car or a camper??? The California will be priced as a camper by registration number, but some fudge it as a car... Search the forum and take your choice.
Thule case... It's all about the length, so I suspect it would count as a bike rack - especially as it is sitting on one!
Check in times are quite short for Eurotunnel - check their website, but I think you only have to arrive 30-mins before scheduled departure (that's from memory, so please check). But it is fairly stress free as you may be out on the next one with spaces if you get the early. Running a little late, then they don't seem to penalise either.
Campsites - you will have to check with them personally about their times.

When you turn up to check in make sure you choose an automatic lane as opposed to a manned lane.

This way you can check in early and get the next available train.

Check in closes 30 mins before departure....if you're late, you won't be allowed on if it's busy. In my experience, when crossing in my Cali i've never been able to get on an earlier train if i've got there early....presume cos there is a lot less space for high vehicles on each train.

Auto check in always offers the next available train in my experience.

In talking with Drum Inn and la bien assise, they say that you can arrive & depart at anytime ... at least in July & August.

Back