Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can't face the manual!!

CaliCrazy

CaliCrazy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone help me? I just can't face that manual! T6 Cali, iPhone 7, app connect, 2x USB ports. How on earth do I get it all to work? Thought it'd be a case of plug it in and get google maps up and off we go...No such luck.

You will find a lot of us agree here, that's why I went for DSG, by far superior

Oh I think I've sussed it out. I've been trying to use the USB in the glove box. I take it that that one doesn't support app connect?

Oh I think I've sussed it out. I've been trying to use the USB in the glove box. I take it that that one doesn't support app connect?
Yep you've cracked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ooh will you check for me when you get a chance Teejay?

Essential to have Grandchildren to sort the techy bits for you. In the 'small' print somewhere.

Can anyone help me? I just can't face that manual! T6 Cali, iPhone 7, app connect, 2x USB ports. How on earth do I get it all to work? Thought it'd be a case of plug it in and get google maps up and off we go...No such luck.
Well first don't try and read the manual like a book. You'll be in a coma in minutes. Just pick on a subject e.g raising and lowering the roof. Read the section thoroughly whilst in your van but don't try to actually do anything until you understand what is required. Some things like the roof can end up getting damaged if you do the typical bloke thing and plough on without reading the manual first. We have had our Cali since October 2015 and still haven't read everything.

My manual is fantastic! Better than any levelling block that I have tried so far :shocked

Well first don't try and read the manual like a book. You'll be in a coma in minutes. Just pick on a subject e.g raising and lowering the roof. Read the section thoroughly whilst in your van but don't try to actually do anything until you understand what is required. Some things like the roof can end up getting damaged if you do the typical bloke thing and plough on without reading the manual first. We have had our Cali since October 2015 and still haven't read everything.
I'm on my third Cali and must confess that I haven't read a manual yet. First time I've had app connect though and I've got a few other mod cons so I may have a peek over the hols...

Essential to have Grandchildren to sort the techy bits for you. In the 'small' print somewhere.
Even better if VW could offer a crash course on "getting the most out of your Cali" together with fully understanding all the options available :sad

Alan

I'm on my third Cali and must confess that I haven't read a manual yet. First time I've had app connect though and I've got a few other mod cons so I may have a peek over the hols...
Your third Cali and haven't read a manual yet! Now that is very blokey behaviour. :thumb

Best avoid the manual, just like the gearbox! DSG every time :pinkbanana

Ooh will you check for me when you get a chance Teejay?

Sorry for the early or late reply, :(, but both of the USBs in my Ocean work with Android Auto (app connect). One in the centre, right of dsg stick and the glove box, same cable same phone.

...message ends...

Both should work as they connect together in a splitter box behind the dash. Make sure you are using a genuine Apple cable.
Once connected do a long press of the voice control button to activate.

Google maps won't display on your media unit if you have an iPhone connected. It will default to Apple maps, I haven't managed to work around that default yet (maybe removing the Maps app might force the unit into displaying Google maps, assuming you have that installed of course) but I find the Apple maps app very usable and a very clear route guidance. OK I know that you can't save maps for offline viewing as easily as you can with Google maps but I haven't been let down by Apple maps so far. Happy Christmas every one BTW.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back