Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Canvas tent plastic ‘ribs,’

JDVKTM

JDVKTM

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
The plastic ribs that normally pulls the tent to the inside when closing, have broken.
Any one also experienced this ?
Have you fixed/replaced ?
Thanks

Sure this has been asked this before and i belive those inserts are not availeble .
You could open the seam and do a DIY repair .
Or look out for a canvas that's been replaced where you can recuperate those bits.

Thanks Hotel California,
Do you possibly know what the material is as my only option is to souce new material ?

Pretty sure it's plasic .
There are older thread(s) on people who had the canvas popt-out and the plastic bits damaged . Think they showed detailed pictures of the part.
Try to search older threads , i'm 100% sure there is a thread on this

Maybe try a chandlers or sailmaker?
I think these ribs are similar to sail batons although sail batons may be too rigid

Pretty sure @Loz had a neat solution for this.

@JDVKTM
Now get to think ....there are some nice pictures here :talktothehand
Look for post #23
It's been a while since i looked in to that thread , so much good pictures in there!

Last edited:
Thanks Soton Campers,
Can you recall the post’s heading ?

Just managed to snap the front stiffener :headbang

Oooh! painful, how did you do that?

Oooh! painful, how did you do that?
I suspect it was due to me not fully opening the front window of my Isotop. Which caught on the stiffener when I lowered the roof.

I suspect it was due to me not fully opening the front window of my Isotop. Which caught on the stiffener when I lowered the roof.

Time to change the bellows for one with the panoramic front? its only about £800. then of course you need the new isotop liner at about £500.

My man maths says you are now in a position to save £1300 by buying a new van?

Back