Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caradon camping, nr Looe

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Just spent a couple of nights at Caradon Camping outside Looe in Cornwall. It's about midway between Looe and Polperro.

Excellent campsite with excellent facilities and would not hesitate to recommend and visit again.

A relatively small campsite with (guessing) about 30 pitches all of which are grass but most of which have hook up. Very clean facilities with plenty of piping hot water in the showers.

There's not much nearby, but it benefits from a bar on site and they do freshly prepared food which was also excellent. I don't think the on site bar is always open in low season, but the site is open all year round and was very popular with motorhomes arriving for new year and a few caravans.

We had a very warm and informative welcome from the site owners when we arrived even though we hadn't booked in advance (they normally want a minimum 3 night stay for new year) and we stayed for 2 nights in a good sheltered pitch in the corner of the site.

Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great the last couple of days, pretty windy and wet, but we were able to easily park the cali 'side on' in our pitch so we could get in/out straight onto the Tarmac access road in front of our pitch which helped dramatically reduce the mud issues!

We even enjoyed a quiz night in the bar last night.

I can imagine it could get booked pretty quickly in peak season but we enjoyed our stay and will be visiting again as its a good destination for out of season.

Quick update.

Just spent another weekend at caradon camping. Really enjoy this site with great facilities and a very warm welcome.

This weekend there were only two other motor homes and one of those left on Saturday!

The site is open all year round, there're 73 pitches and almost all have electric hook up.

They cater for a lot of rallies, including vw - the split careen club I think - so might be an opportunity for a Cali meet in future??

We walked from the site into looe along the estuary, stopping for a very pleasant and quiet lunch stop on route, about 9 miles round trip in total I think.

The bar is always open weekends, they only do food when it's busier and during the higher seasons

Well worth a visit if you are in the neighbourhood.

Back