Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show
20 - 25 February 2018
the NEC, Birmingham

So who's going?

I’m going on the Friday, haven’t been before, only been to the nec before for bike shows, must be getting old!!! Oh yes I already am, I forgot!

There will be only be one Cali there and not with VW. Lots of snazzy conversion though.

Its worth the (1.2 hour) trip for a stroll around looking at all the Vans for me. Why not I say.

PS: I was at the Bike show (Kids not quite old enough yet though - I was a Biker don't want my boys to be)

I enjoy it, good day out trying mega motorhomes out for size and admiring pimped up Transporter conversions. A Cali doesn't seem that expensive when you compare prices, quality and of course residuals.

Can't get there for the first couple of days and preparing for the Brighton Half Marathon last three. Shame really as I've always found it an enjoyable couple of hours.

We will be attending on Friday for a nice walk round and you never know I might buy something ;)

I have been going to this for a few years now as is quite good to mooch around and browse the outdoor kit. This is the first year that I’m taking the family, inc a 7yo, going on Saturday. Not sure how long the lad will cope with before being too bored but feel sure he’ll enjoy nosing in the big RVs. Wishful thinking perhaps...?

Gazellio, I still ride bikes and my parents tried to put me off. Now as a parent of three I know how they felt. I’m now going to be in the same position, hopefully I’m more successful. Saying that my eldest daughter goes horse riding, not exactly the safest hobby!!!

Good alternative but I’m not sure if I want to steer them away altogether. I’ve come closer to hurting myself when I’ve riden off-road than on the road, although any injuries would be far less significant.I’d rather they drove a classic t5 ‘Diesel ‘ if you can buy any by then!!!

Anyway hope everyone enjoys the show:)

I was a biker with some seriously fast bikes like the Suzuki GSX1100R and Kawasazi Z1000J but with two teenage boys all ever talk about is how dangerous bikes are to put them off. They have decided they don;'t want to risk it :)

I was a biker with some seriously fast bikes like the Suzuki GSX1100R and Kawasazi Z1000J but with two teenage boys all ever talk about is how dangerous bikes are to put them off. They have decided they don;'t want to risk it :)
I went to four funerals of friends during my wasted youth, all the deaths were a result of motor bike and scenery conflicts. I repeated some of the desperate details of said accidents to my boys and thankfully they went for cars instead.

Well how wrong you are "Rich B" bikers are 57 times more likely to killed in a road accident and 85 times more likely to seriously injured....

bikestats.jpg

I ride every day to work on a motorbike, my wife rides a motorbike socially with me. I see idiots on motorbikes everyday and see idiots in cars and vans everyday, but I also get so much fun and enjoyment from riding my bike. Would I stop my daughter from the enjoyment I get , even with the risk, no. She hasn’t chosen bikes yet, but if she does, it’s her choice and I would support her and provide any advice / help she wants. A friend of mine lost his son to a motorbike accident so I have seen the pain something like that causes. Life is for living, risk and all..... and I also support people who wish to reduce risk where they can.

Well how wrong you are "Rich B" bikers are 57 times more likely to killed in a road accident and 85 times more likely to seriously injured....

View attachment 29806

Those figures look particularly misleading. For example, how many of those 34 cyclists per billion miles cycled were killed in a bicycle only crash, and how many were killed in a crash with a motor vehicle being driven?

In other words, if you removed motor vehicles from the equation, what would the figure be for cyclists?

Generally, cyclists don't kill themselves, drivers do, so you need to add the majority of those cyclists' deaths (and pedestrian deaths) to the figure for cars to get an accurate picture of the relative safety of each type of vehicle.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I had 1 car accident of note (head on) and came out with out a scratch.
I have had 2 separate motorcycle accidents and one broke a wrist the other destroyed my shoulder (exactly the same as Carl Fogarty's injury in 2000).
I still got back on to my Yamaha R1 saw a few near misses....and one day waving goodbye to my 3 year old daughter blowing me kisses as I pulled off from the drive I knew it was over. Sold the bike very sooner after that.

Those figures look particularly misleading. For example, how many of those 34 cyclists per billion miles cycled were killed in a bicycle only crash, and how many were killed in a crash with a motor vehicle being driven?

In other words, if you removed motor vehicles from the equation, what would the figure be for cyclists?

Generally, cyclists don't kill themselves, drivers do, so you need to add the majority of those cyclists' deaths (and pedestrian deaths) to the figure for cars to get an accurate picture of the relative safety of each type of vehicle.

Well that’s a creative use of statistics and data. So what about car drivers/passengers killed by other drivers. Is that their fault?
I’ve seen and treated numerous cyclists and motorcyclists who were injured through their own fault with a vehicle as the innocent party.
ALL road users are responsible for their actions and should be aware of other users and their shortcomings as well as their own.

Well that’s a creative use of statistics and data. So what about car drivers/passengers killed by other drivers. Is that their fault?
I’ve seen and treated numerous cyclists and motorcyclists who were injured through their own fault with a vehicle as the innocent party.
ALL road users are responsible for their actions and should be aware of other users and their shortcomings as well as their own.

I cannot disagree with anything you have said. But consider this:
Remove cyclists from the road and motor vehicle occupant deaths will hardly change.
Remove pedestrians from the road and motor vehicle occupant deaths will hardly change.
Remove motor vehicles from the road and cyclist and pedestrian deaths will substantially drop.

It may be creative, but limiting car deaths to occupants only is misleading.

Back