Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan, Camping and Motorhome show, worth it?

Chrismatheson

Chrismatheson

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looking at https://ccmshow.co.uk/ for 2023. The price is fine, but its a bit of a trek (with kids) so I was hoping others could let me know their own experiences...We have our Beach now, so looking at alternate vans is kinda interesting, but what I really want to do is see exciting / cool possibilities for my own van. Accessories, small mods etc

Would I end up disappointed at this event? is it mainly about flogging new vans etc ?

We enjoyed the day out. Some friendly people around and good to see all the conversions. We also used for browsing accessories but deals were few and far between so mainly bought later online. Go. Relax. Have fun.

Stay over locally and treat the kids. (If you don’t fancy staying in the van the airport hotels are local and cheap If you can get one).

the show is OK if you haven’t been before & you do get to see things in the flesh, there are lots of Vans, awnings etc for sale but there are stands promoting leisure destinations and activities (U.K. & continent etc)
they do try and put on some entertainment for Kids etc.but it is a bit limited in that respect.
there are stands selling everything camping from a washing up bowl to an awning etc.
It does get busy, so plan for a full day.

We went to the show last autumn, thinking we’d just have a mooch around looking at vans. and ended up spending the thick of £1k! Awning, chairs, Duvalys, etc. Disappointed a bit in the vans we saw, or rather, nothing we found was comparable to our Ocean - so nice validation I guess. The £700k Motorhome was impressive - I broke into a cold sweat imagining driving it through Devon lanes. In terms of the accessories for sale, apart from the stuff we got (on show offers) there wasn’t much.

We aren’t planning to go to this next one - nothing we’re after, although I’m sure we’d end up spending !

Tip - even the water is expensive. Take a packed lunch.

and if going with kids, take a trolley to cart them around. They do get tired (and bored) quickly

Yeah, it’s good to have a look round the vehicles figuring out what you want to buy, and then being told there’s no stock available until 2025… :headbang

Looking at https://ccmshow.co.uk/ for 2023. The price is fine, but its a bit of a trek (with kids) so I was hoping others could let me know their own experiences...We have our Beach now, so looking at alternate vans is kinda interesting, but what I really want to do is see exciting / cool possibilities for my own van. Accessories, small mods etc

Would I end up disappointed at this event? is it mainly about flogging new vans etc ?
If you are going by train, don’t leave it until
the show closes to get out. Absolute carnage! Had a dreadful experience last year.

depending on Kids ages partly but not something that I'd take them to.

Few years since I went to Feb. one.
Slow entry to carpark, wait for bus from there (was a freezing winters day), or a long walk to the Centre.
Seems everything that I wanted to view had a crowd with the same idea. You will walk for hours/miles.

If prepared for the above it isn't so bad but I don't recall much other than Completed vehicles and limited accessories that you could carry out, option could be to have delivered or collect from the supplier at another time/date.

Generally a scaled down version of the October one. Cost for Traders is high so in current times there may not be much of a turnout.

I no longer go.

Every time I went I would have a bucket list of things to see then find 10,000 other people had turned up on the same day with the same bucket.

Back