Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. Next Club Meet
    Dorset Afternoon Meet - Saturday Nov 25th (Camping Also Available)
    More Details Here

Dismiss Notice

2. Become a VIP Forum Member
    Full Forum Access | Now Over 40 Partner Discounts | Extra Forum Features

Dismiss Notice

Caravan club?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Vincent123, Dec 13, 2015.

1. larrylamb

larrylamb VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    me too,

2. CaliWidow

CaliWidow VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    Please Select
    Year:
    We mostly use britstops and Aires but also CC members and find them excellent.

3. 2020 freedom

2020 freedom T6 Ocean Build week 45 Expected Early January VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    Year:
    There are a a lot of references to C club and C & C club.
    I'm assuming the latter is what is now known as Caravan and Motorhome club but what is the C club?

EDIT...
    That is actually CC
    and
    C &CC (This one being Caravan and motorhome club???)
    Having had another look...
    It's pretty confusing to a newbie with different use of & or and's

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  4. GrannyJen

GrannyJen goody goody 2shoes Moderator Top Poster

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    Camping and Caravan club - CC&C

Caravan and motorhome club - C&MC .... formerly known as Caravan club - CC

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. westfalia

westfalia

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 174
    Year:
    Caravaning club and Camping and caravaning club is what i´ve always thought.
    Both about the same to me, they have really easy going cool wardens,Not.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Digger

Digger VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Just finishing short tour and have to say all the wardens on the cc&c sites visited have been excellent. Like a McDonalds you know what to expect and I like the facilities.

7. Wycoller

Wycoller VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    We found the wardens at Ravenglass Camping and Caravan Club were excellent and very friendly and helpful.

With either club you are getting a clean and orderly site normally locked at night with strict no noise policies. If you want to sit outside with friends and a few drinks until the early hours then these probably aren’t the sites for you.

Have camped on the main campsite in Coniston and were kept awake most of the night. I complained to the middle aged culprits and in the morning found our tent partially collapsed and missing quite a few tent pegs. Three neighbouring families did thank me though.

8. andyinluton

andyinluton VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    We've just stayed on a caravan and motorhome club site in the North East for a long weekend where the warders obviously hadn't been on the proper course.

We arrived at 9.30pm and were let on site ( i had phoned earlier to say we had been held up)
    No one checked with a ruler the distance I had parked from the peg.
    There were signs up offering bats/ rackets & balls for children to play with in the play field.
    Children were actually made welcome.

I won't name the site otherwise the Wardens will get into trouble:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrannyJen

GrannyJen goody goody 2shoes Moderator Top Poster

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    Times are changing....

I parked up a couple of weeks ago and put my usual sign on the back "No tools kept in this van overnight" and not one happy camper complained to the warden about the builders van on pitch 76 :shocked

10. Lewis

Lewis VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Just got back from a week in the south west at a C&MC site. Pitched next to my parents in their caravan - their first time at a club site. On arrival my dad asked if he had to position his van in any particular way and they said “forwards, backwards or sideways in, we don’t mind” - I was surprised to say the least.

11. David Jones

David Jones VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180 4Motion
    Year:
    The other benefit of the CC, that I haven't seen made mention of, is that if you tow a trailer and are also a member of the RAC they will recover both vehicles and it doesn't have to be a caravan..... found this out to my cost when not a CC member and had two blowouts on my car trailer on the M25 - with std RAC cover they will only take your trailer to a place of safety, with CC membership they will recover both vehicles to your destination. The recovery company made me aware of this.
    In addition we have used a couple of CC sites as well and had good experiences.

12. Mike Frost

Mike Frost 2009 130 T5 SE - "BARBARA ANN" VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    Hi, we have owned our 2009 T5 SE since the end of September, so still very much beginners.

We joined the Caravan and Motorhome Club on the same day we signed up here. Been going since 1897, so they know a thing or two about vannng it! Have stayed at one of their 'certified' sites in the New Forest, which was stone age dreadful, and one of their owned sites near Tintagel which was out of this world good - loo block, pitches and the clifftop view over the Atlantic - marvellous. See our posts on faceache. We intend to do Europe next spring, for which this forum is an amazing mine of information.

We boil a small stainless kettle with a folding handle, with the window open to let out the steam.

Mike

13. B J G

B J G VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    Previously had some 39 years as a Caravan & Camping Club member but now joined the Caravan & Motorhome Club.
    Reason being that I considered the C & M C as more suitable for the Cali with its bias towards hard standings rather than grassy areas. I only use UK sites out of season as in France for most of summer months.

Noticed big difference between pitch allocation system, Camping Club show you to a pitch-no choice. Caravan Club said have a drive road and pick one then let us know.
    I had heard tales of 'jobs worths' getting difficult about how they parked, which made the Cali side door on the wrong side. I tentatively asked how I should park. "any way you like but not on the grass" was my instructions.

Only thing you need to be aware of is that the toilet blocks get closed for cleaning at specified times, not convenient with a no toilet Cali.

If a family and a tent is used then must be Camping Club

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Meoncoast

Meoncoast an Ocean by the Sea Top Poster VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Your post sums up our use and expirences of C&MHC esp with finding a pitch and which way to park. We remain members of both clubs but are finding we are using C&MHC more. If we want a smaller site their 5 unit sites have worked well for us.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. andyinluton

andyinluton VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    I've yet to stay on a C&MC site where every toilet closed at the same time, even if there is just the one toilet block there is invariably a separate disabled WC that is available.

• Agree Agree x 3