Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maudalina

Maudalina

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Is anyone coming to CarFest 2018? It's our first festival and we are camping the 4 nights so any top tips welcome ... no kids or dogs so should we still take the awning? We hope to meet some of you there :)

so should we still take the awning? We hope to meet some of you there :)

Not going this year but went a couple of years back. The pitches are relatively small but big enough for an awning. We took Quecha base for porta potti etc. We were away from the van most of the time so up to you but I'd say its a low priority. Enjoy.

I am going but not camping as I live a couple of miles down the road and my husband is exhibiting his buses in the Vintage Village. I will be with the buses quite a bit of the time (probably the green single decker) so do come and say hello.
Prepare yourself for a lot of walking, take some cheap lightweight chairs to put out for the evening entertainment (I wouldn’t leave the Cali ones unattended) and be aware that the food and drink on site is very expensive so stock the fridge well! There is a lot to see and do. You will enjoy it!

We’ll be there and looking forward to it. My top tip is to take as many cooler boxes as you can to keep your beer, wine (oh, and water) cold for as long as poss. You’ll have a fab time!

We’ll be there and looking forward to it. My top tip is to take as many cooler boxes as you can to keep your beer, wine (oh, and water) cold for as long as poss. You’ll have a fab time!
Pop in and see me on the buses if you get the chance !

We're going! Been for about 5 years now. Last year was our first in the van. We don't have a drive away awning but have bought some awning sides to go on the vans awning. Not really necessary though. There are three of us in the van. The weather looks good so I prefer to sit outside in the sunshine when not in the festival but most of the time we'll be walking around the site.

It's great fun. The food is expensive but good quality so worth paying a little extra for.

I am going but not camping as I live a couple of miles down the road and my husband is exhibiting his buses in the Vintage Village. I will be with the buses quite a bit of the time (probably the green single decker) so do come and say hello.
Prepare yourself for a lot of walking, take some cheap lightweight chairs to put out for the evening entertainment (I wouldn’t leave the Cali ones unattended) and be aware that the food and drink on site is very expensive so stock the fridge well! There is a lot to see and do. You will enjoy it!

Thank so much and look forward to saying hello :)