Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carista App and OBD Device

simon parker

simon parker

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Not sure if this should go in beginners section or not, so apologies if in the wrong place though I myself am a Cali beginner - one week old.

I just bought the Carista device as I'd read many forum threads on the topic so I can enable door locking when driving away and to enable the dash display to show the current speed in MPH. So I hope you can help.

Vehicle is a LHD version, and following guidelines on this forum you should change the country to Australia, then on the car display change units to miles/mpg (UK) and untick the ‘alternative display’ setting. Which I did, see photos but the speed on the dash still show (large as required) in km/h not mph. Have I done something wrong or is it different settings for the LHD version?

Not tried the door locking one yet as says method a or method b. Chose method a but not tested, what is the difference?

IMG_4360.jpg IMG_4358.jpg IMG_4361.jpg IMG_4359.jpg IMG_4357.jpg IMG_4356.jpg

Hope you can help

If anyone can help me out with this it would be appreciated, I can come meet you if needed as I'm flitting between Birmingham and Fordingbridge regularly. It's driving me nuts the MPH should display all the settings are right.

Last edited:
I will need to check what version I Have set mine to, however you need to make sure its set to unlock the door when key is removed or the auto locking won't function.

From what I've read on that thread, B option is what you use if A doesn't work, mostly on T6.

yes done as per the thread, the screenshots show I've selected miles, mpg etc. Unticked alt display, but still the large speed digital display shows in km/h. Everything else is in mpg/gallons etc. No idea what I'm doing wrong, if anything, wondering if its just cause I've a LHD Cali though others with a LHD have no issues.

Door locking works ok, just the MPH on the large digital speedo is the issue.

Does Carista work on the T6.
I put my vehicle details into Amazon and it says not compatible...?

yes done as per the thread, the screenshots show I've selected miles, mpg etc. Unticked alt display, but still the large speed digital display shows in km/h. Everything else is in mpg/gallons etc. No idea what I'm doing wrong, if anything, wondering if its just cause I've a LHD Cali though others with a LHD have no issues.

Door locking works ok, just the MPH on the large digital speedo is the issue.
I think it is a LHD issue.

I have done that mod and have miles on the big display. When I change to kilometres these do not appear on the big display.

I am guessing the reverse it true for your van. Will display kilometres but not miles when changed.

Alan

Back