Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet floor mat included?

E

Eldoovis

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Went to view my ocean before collecting and noticed the front carpet floor mats were missing. I ordered rubber mats as extra but thought the carpet ones were standard and would still be included. The dealer is telling me as I ordered the rubber ones, VW don’t send the standard carpet ones. Anyone had same experience?

Mine came with carpet mats but I bought the rubber ones afterwards

Any mats on top of the fixed flooring (front or rear) are options .
Some dealers may give something out of theire pocket , in demo verhicles dealers may have put something on top ...
Standard there's a grey fixed carpet in front and a fixed rubber in the rear (or wooden look if a special edition)

I recently picked up my MY19 Ocean, it came with floor mats in the front foot wells. I didn't request them - i thought it was a pretty standard thing to be included.

Went to view my ocean before collecting and noticed the front carpet floor mats were missing. I ordered rubber mats as extra but thought the carpet ones were standard and would still be included. The dealer is telling me as I ordered the rubber ones, VW don’t send the standard carpet ones. Anyone had same experience?
Stinks of BS to me. Carpet floor mats are included as standard with an Ocean (but not a Beech according to the brochure), rubber mats are a dealer fit extra. So dealer takes out the carpet mats and puts in the rubber mats. In this case, sounds like dealer then sells on to someone else for a bit of extra profit rather than pop them in the boot for you to use if you wish. Which is robbery, you've already paid for them as part of the cost of buying an Ocean (nothing is free!). They belong to you, and the dealer is trying it on. Standfast any differences between UK and Gib brochures/standard spec of course. Both my Oceans have come with them as standard, and to provide some comparison, my Tiguan came with both when rubber mats were ordered as an additional. Demand them, they're yours!

both my vans 2012 SE and 2016 Ocean came with fitted front mats as standard. Agree the rubber mats are dealer supplied

Ours came with very nice mats, too nice to get dirty, so bought my rubber mats afterward. The instructions tell you to remove the existing mats* as the rubber ones should be attached to the fasteners on the floor (safety disclaimer). That’s probably why your nice floor mats are missing, but they should have been given to you.

* I didn’t remove ours; but they should really be removed to allow the rubber ones to be secured and prevent fouling of the pedals.

Collected our ocean today, had both carpet and rubber mats

Ours came with very nice mats, too nice to get dirty, so bought my rubber mats afterward. The instructions tell you to remove the existing mats* as the rubber ones should be attached to the fasteners on the floor (safety disclaimer). That’s probably why your nice floor mats are missing, but they should have been given to you.

* I didn’t remove ours; but they should really be removed to allow the rubber ones to be secured and prevent fouling of the pedals.

I have done the same. In fact i fitted a brandrup front carpet for the front centre section coverage.
To the point, I cut the prong off the adaptor that came with the rubber mat and glued (superglue was best after a few trials)) it to the top of the stud mounting on the brandrup. Works very well and I can unclip the rubber mat and just use the carpet which I sometimes prefer.
Looks fine and mostly under the seat anyway plus no mods to the fabric of the cali.

None withours probable get rubber ones! Any recommendations?

My current one and the previous one had carpet mats in the front.

No carpets in Denmark … all extras :) I guess it is up to the importer and locally different.

:offtopic i know, and apologies in advance, but does anybody know if there is room for floor mats after installing the brandrup front full carpet install?