Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CarPlay Activation Code

Blue Juice

Blue Juice

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone know whether you are able to buy an activation code to enable CarPlay on the head unit as yet? When I checked a few months ago VW were not.....As I understand its just a code to unlock the feature, no idea why it seems so hard to sort!

Craig

I was told I can add it with the code as it wasn't specced on our van. Apparently you bring it in and they get the code online from VW.

My van is back in the dealers in 2 weeks to have the rack fitted so was going to ask for it to be done then, but I think I'll ring them in advance and check.

Have you spoken to a dealer recently?

I was told by a dealer back in April that VW were not issuing codes and they didn't know when / if they would (which seemed strange). I'll pop in to my dealer today and ask!

Please keep us updated on this... I also need to look at getting an activation code

I ordered mine through SMG Cowfold, took a couple of weeks to come over from Germany and takes 30 mins for the garage to install, having done next week :)

Can you please confirm the part number? I've seen a couple of different ones mentioned.

Thanks.

I'll dig out the receipt when home!

Well I managed to order the activation key... only challenge now is that the VW garage i went to said they've not done it before and are not sure what to do.

I'm hoping it will be obvious (with instructions) when it arrives.

Anyone got any pointers I can pass into the garage? haha

Well I managed to order the activation key... only challenge now is that the VW garage i went to said they've not done it before and are not sure what to do.

I'm hoping it will be obvious (with instructions) when it arrives.

Anyone got any pointers I can pass into the garage? haha
They may also have to change the usb socket to the Apple compatible one.

I've got an android phone (Samsung S7) so hopefully won't have any issues like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
@Blue Juice - whap 'appen then? how'd it go at the shop?

I ordered the activation code from the parts department no problem... then spoke to the service desk about booking the van in to to install / activate (and take a look at a rattle/noise). The main technical guy said it used to be the case that you couldn't do it. So I explained the others on the internet have had it done no problem so he said they will take a look but might need to contact head office or something.

... The main technical guy said it used to be the case that you couldn't do it. So I explained the others on the internet have had it done no problem ...

I've been following this closely for 18-months & am keen to get mine done, but I have not yet seen it in writing - on this forum or others - that anyone has successfully retrofitted App Connect / CarPlay to their T6.

Theres a lot of chat about it, but no-ones putting their hand up & saying it's worked for them (with part no.s & prices).

I stand corrected - just did another search & there are now some reports of success.

£168 for the code & a bit more to upgrade the USB dash socket (Apple compatible has a green lead on back apparently). £250 all-in seems to be the going rate.

I shall call JCT600 York & see what they think ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Loz
I stand corrected - just did another search & there are now some reports of success.

£168 for the code & a bit more to upgrade the USB dash socket (Apple compatible has a green lead on back apparently). £250 all-in seems to be the going rate.

I shall call JCT600 York & see what they think ...

Hi Hirsty!

Have you standard dash or comfort dash? I've the standard, interested to hear how you get on also. :)

Hi Hirsty!

Have you standard dash or comfort dash? I've the standard, interested to hear how you get on also. :)

Standard dash Jonathan - will call them later today or tomorrow & report back.

I got it activated today... the guy had never done one before but worked it out and it works a treat. Even sorted the rattle that had been annoying me. Top bloke

Part number was 7H0.054.830 for those interested... I have an Android phone so didn't need to bother with changing usb ports or anything.

That's great news, glad to hear it worked!

I will quote that part no. and ask about an updated USB socket (as I have iPhone) which I've read elsewhere is part nos:

W5Q0 035 726E USB CONN
W4E0 035 750F Connector​

Sorry all been working away so not caught up with messages! app connect install went fine - took it in to SMG Cowfold, waited while they did the work. Looking through the window into the service area I could see the Cali was hooked up to a computer or something, stuff was downloaded / installed and 40 mins later CarPlay was up and running SMG Cowfold sorted the ‘part’ a few weeks earlier - took two weeks to come from Germany - which seems rather silly on VW’s behalf when it’s just a code in a DVD Case!

Back