Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cascavel wheel weight

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi, I’ve searched but to no avail so maybe someone knows ... How much does a 17” Cascavel wheel weigh?
If my wife sees this question she will definitely divorce me!

Hi, I’ve searched but to no avail so maybe someone knows ... How much does a 17” Cascavel wheel weigh?

When I return to UK in a couple of days and remove my punctured one from under the Cali I will weigh it.

Mike

I'm intrigued why you want to know (and risk divorce!) :eek:

When I return to UK in a couple of days and remove my punctured one from under the Cali I will weigh it.

Mike
Thanks Mike - sorry to hear about the puncture!

I'm intrigued why you want to know (and risk divorce!) :eek:
Ok, the reason I want to know is I’m considering some TSW Bathurst 20x10 Wheels. They seem quite reasonably priced for rotary forged wheels and the 20x10.5 ones are a claimed 25lbs on the interweb. They show as compatible for a VW Transporter so I’m trying to find out the load rating. Thought if I went as lightweight as possible it all helps and was curious how they stacked up with the VW 17x7s...

Ok, the reason I want to know is I’m considering some TSW Bathurst 20x10 Wheels. They seem quite reasonably priced for rotary forged wheels and the 20x10.5 ones are a claimed 25lbs on the interweb. They show as compatible for a VW Transporter so I’m trying to find out the load rating. Thought if I went as lightweight as possible it all helps and was curious how they stacked up with the VW 17x7s...
I would be careful with 10.5 wide on a California
You may not be able to open the sliding door with wheels that wide???
It will snag on the rim..
I had 10s on my first cali in 2008 and there was literally millimetres between the wheels and sliding door.
You need the make sure the offsets correct but sounds great and I'm a lover of 20s

I would be careful with 10.5 wide on a California
You may not be able to open the sliding door with wheels that wide???
It will snag on the rim..
I had 10s on my first cali in 2008 and there was literally millimetres between the wheels and sliding door.
You need the make sure the offsets correct but sounds great and I'm a lover of 20s
Hi, sorry - no intention of going 10.5 - that’s just the one they quoted as weighing 25lb so I was thinking 20x10 et35 (guessing a smidge lighter) although I’m not sure how that would work on the front with 275/35R20s and sport line springs (30mm drop)

Hi, sorry - no intention of going 10.5 - that’s just the one they quoted as weighing 25lb so I was thinking 20x10 et35 (guessing a smidge lighter) although I’m not sure how that would work on the front with 275/35R20s and sport line springs (30mm drop)
All due respect to the people that advertise these wheels
Unless they have pics of a 20" 10j rim with 35offset and 275s fitted on a California or t5 I would be weary???
I know the correct matched tyre size is 255 35 20 and the best offset for the correct look is a 45 offset.
With a 35 it will stick out 10mm more and add to that a10j rim and wider 275 I'm not sure i would go down that route??But this is Your choice buddy, do your homework before purchasing them
I had a 265 35 20 on 9 half j rims with 45 offset very slightly wider that a 255 but on a 9.5 j rim it was perfect
Mine was also b14 coilovers

All due respect to the people that advertise these wheels
Unless they have pics of a 20" 10j rim with 35offset and 275s fitted on a California or t5 I would be weary???
I know the correct matched tyre size is 255 35 20 and the best offset for the correct look is a 45 offset.
With a 35 it will stick out 10mm more and add to that a10j rim and wider 275 I'm not sure i would go down that route??But this is Your choice buddy, do your homework before purchasing them
I had a 265 35 20 on 9 half j rims with 45 offset very slightly wider that a 255 but on a 9.5 j rim it was perfect
Mine was also b14 coilovers
Thanks - I hear what you say about sales websites. :agreed Hence checking with you guys. As far as I can tell they'll stick out (in) 18mm more on the inside (less clearance) and stick out 58mm more on the outside. I'm pretty sure that would be fine on the rear. I just don't know whether they'd rub on the front - I don't really want to do a staggered fitment. 275/35R20 is not quite as close as 255/35R20 but the latter being smaller than OEM would cause higher revs vs the 275s revving lower.... not that there's much in it so that I'd notice. I think I've got a mental block having always owned 4x4s in the past with an addiction to sticking 33" tyres on those. That didn't always work out well either. :D

Ha ha
Me too I own a defender too bigger better !!!!
Don't always work on none agriculture type vehicles lol
Good look buddy

9.5 j 20" with 265s et45
Just so you get an idea of look this was my Kombi

Just call TSW tech people and ask for the TUV certificate that states the load rating.

£50 says they’re not up to the job. You won’t care though will you, as long as it looks bling.

Just call TSW tech people and ask for the TUV certificate that states the load rating.

£50 says they’re not up to the job. You won’t care though will you, as long as it looks bling.
Very true the ones on my Kombi above were designed for vans to carry the weight

Heard back this morning. Despite being Forged they’re not up to the job so that’s that and, I do care actually. A lot. I like nice wheels but your insinuation that I’d ever fit non rated kit to my family wagon is misplaced.

There a literally hundreds of wheels out there but, for a van load rating only a few. Factor in the ones you actually like and you’re down to about three!!

I ended up having a set custom made.

You’ll prob find 45ET is optimal, 35 too much.
I run 45 with a 5 MM spacer. Fills the arches nicely.

Try the following makes, which I believe have the correct load ratings.

Borbet
BBS
Ronal

Btw
20s look great but drive pants. Plus can cause drive train issues.
I wouldn’t go any bigger than 18s. Your choice though. Good luck

Borbet, BBS and Ronal. The three brands VW use for OE kit.

There a literally hundreds of wheels out there but, for a van load rating only a few. Factor in the ones you actually like and you’re down to about three!!

I ended up having a set custom made.

You’ll prob find 45ET is optimal, 35 too much.
I run 45 with a 5 MM spacer. Fills the arches nicely.
Good to know - thank you.

I had 20 inch wheels on my recently sold kombi, looked great but the ride was shocking. Pirelli zero 35 tyres for 10k miles, then tried 40 tyres but still a poor ride and they rubbed on full lock.

Back to 18 inch wheels now on my Beach much better ride.

IMG_4939.JPG

I had 20 inch wheels on my recently sold kombi, looked great but the ride was shocking. Pirelli zero 35 tyres for 10k miles, then tried 40 tyres but still a poor ride and they rubbed on full lock.

Back to 18 inch wheels now on my Beach much better ride.

View attachment 27103
It looks really good. Are they VW Sportline wheels?

Yes, Kumho 103y rated tyres. On Bilstein B14 coilovers.

I think we are getting a slight hint here. There is a reason VW only sell 16/17 and 18" wheels on the T5/T6 range. Anyone care to hazard a guess why?:rolleyes:

Of course you could have other sized wheels but not without serious, and I do mean serious suspension modification to maintain the suspension capabilities of the standard ride.

Back