Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Catch on glass worktops

C

cally

VIP Member
Has anyone replaced a spring loaded catch on the glass work tops. I can't work out how to remove it. The one on the sink top has become faulty on our Cally. Lubricanting it doesn't cure the problem.

Cheers!

appologies you can buy just the release button not sure how it fits though

I Agree.. I've just spoken to VW Lancashire and the part is available for about £15. I just need to find the way to remove and replace the little tinker. It's not very obvious

I Agree.. I've just spoken to VW Lancashire and the part is available for about £15. I just need to find the way to remove and replace the little tinker. It's not very obvious
According to this exploded view there is a screw holding the Release Button in.
Part 7

04AE96BE-9671-4285-AE45-76669D35E5B1.jpeg

Thanks WelshGas ... Parts department at VW Lancashire pointed to the screw but wished me luck trying to find it. There must be a way of removing part of the underside of the catch to get to the screw. I don't want to break it trying just yet. I'll work it out sooner or later.

Hi WelshGas and the Shop Team .. I've managed to remove the catch from the work top.
There are in fact two screws locating the sliding part of the catch. I found them too difficult to remove with the work top in place and so I removed the work top from the base unit. The screws are easily removed and the catch comes apart easily. There's two springs in there, so be careful not to lose um !
There was no evidence of failure or grime in there so all I did was to lubricate the sliding parts with pencil graphite. It worked fine when put back together.... Result

image.jpeg

Back