Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central control panel doesn't turn on

M

Mike C

VIP Member
Help: the central control panel won’t turn on at all in my 2007 California!

I’ve checked the auxiliary batteries and they are reading >12v i.e good. The fuse (under the passenger seat) is OK but a voltage meter reading here shows 4.4V (and similarly for the water pump supply at its fuse). Can someone tell me whether these circuits supposed to run on lower voltages or should they be more like 12V?

I’ve seen the blogs about the common earth shunt fault causing problems with the control panel. Does anyone know if this could be the problem with the panel not turning on at all?

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?

Many thanks
Mike C

I presume the control panel and internal lights are supplied with the same voltage bus, they flicker together in case of the shunt issue. So consequently if internal lights do come on, the panel should have sufficient voltage.

Thanks for your help.

The internal lights are still working. I'll check to see whether the voltage is the same at the light itself.

If the internal light are working I would think the failure is within the control panel or its' immediate supply interruption, like blown fuse of it. The best would be to replace the control panel for a test...
Or, at least power off and on (disconnect), perhaps this will wake it up.

Back