Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central heating

Nicola1969

Nicola1969

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi my central heating has stopped working . On the control panel it is a strange sign and when I touch the central heating button it doesn’t go yellow any longer and the keyfob goes green but no heat comes out . Any ideas anyone . Also don’t know if it’s anything to do with it but on the dash airbag error comes on all the time . All happened at same time . Thanking you in anticipation for any ideas .

One thing to check is that you have more than 1/4 tank of diesel.

Battery charge. It will go yellow, think about it, decide it does not have enough to fire up and go off.

Fuel in the tank matters. When fuel levels are low enough it will not get fed diesel. However it has to be very low. On reserve really.

low voltage will cause a non start up of the heater. try it with the engine running or on hook up. diesel level does matter but mine
runs ok when I'm in the red. and I'm often in the red. I'm sure the dash airbag is a separate issue. other than that your heater may need a service.

Hi my central heating has stopped working . On the control panel it is a strange sign and when I touch the central heating button it doesn’t go yellow any longer and the keyfob goes green but no heat comes out . Any ideas anyone . Also don’t know if it’s anything to do with it but on the dash airbag error comes on all the time . All happened at same time . Thanking you in anticipation for any ideas .
Reset the Control Panel and check for any VW Error messages.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Press L lower button again.

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Heater.

Hi I have a code no 6000 on control panel . Taken note of it think it is temperature gauge. It says to press escape buttons or 5s to clear anybody know which button that is tryed bottom left but doesn't clear any ideas.