Central locking issue

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone had issue with their central locking, I am having the following issue.
When weather below freezing and I unlock the sliding door doesn't unlock to open you have to pull the inside door handle to unlock. When you lock it the red lock warning light stays on (ie doesn't flash) Although doors are locked.
If you lock the sliding door by pushing the door lock down inside the van. Then lock with fob alarm sets as it should and it flashes. When tempature above freezing no issues.

Can't help with a solution, but if you can open it from inside then it's not deadlocked, so sounds like the deadlock is releasing and the problem is between to handle and the opening mechanism.

Well, would you believe it, when I opened my van this morning soon after replying, it happened to me. Now it's warmed up a bit the problem has gone. I noticed a lack of the sound of the door unlocking on the second push of the remote. Also, when I went inside to open the door I had to pull the handle twice, like you do to unlock it when it's been locked from inside. So, sort of confirms to me the the deadlock is releasing but the regular lock is not. Sounds mechanical rather than electronic, like something inside the lock has got wet and frozen. Please post back if you find out the problem. I'm inclined to live with it and discuss it with the dealer at the next service

As warmer no further issues but will also ask dealer on next visit

Same happened to us recently. Not noticed it previous winters though.

Similar happened to our Van on sliding door. Central locking motor wouldnt double lock (dead lock) so if you pressed the key twice the side door would unlock instead of going to single lock. Unit was replaced under warranty as water from leaking window as drips go inside the door and onto the lock. Both Sliding windows were replaced at the same time also.

My issue is with the passenger door, when cold the handle moves ok but doesn't pick up the catch on the mechanism in the door, ok when it is not cold. Bizarre eh!

My sliding door is also acting up in a similar way. Press key fob once to unlock the van and everything works fine except the sliding door. It remains locked. But, if you use the fob (unlock) a second time the sliding door unlocks. Using the fob to lock the van works fine. Any ideas?

Edit: Sounds like the problem is with the deadlocking mechanism. (See post #6 above).

Latest: Just reset the child lock to off (It was off before but just turned it on and then reset to off). Single press of unlock on fob now seems to have solved the problem - very odd!

Last edited:
Back