Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central locking problem Trouble

Robert Coggins

Robert Coggins

Blueboy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Have a small problem with the central locking on our 2012 California. The first press of the key unlocks the drivers door, the second press should unlock the rest, which it does , apart from the side door which can take up to a further 6 presses to unlock it. It was fine last year but has steadily needed more presses over the last couple of months. Both keys have the same response, so I don't think it's battery. Any ideas.

Hi
Have you noticed it only does this when temperatures drops. It’s a common fault on 2010-2012/13. The plastic inside which holds lock is the problem. Changed on later models.
I assume you can open from inside.

Had this on our 2012 SE only in the winter at around 0 and below able to open from inside, quoted a couple hundred £ for a sensor change

I think it must be the sensor. Took 4 or 5 goes to unlock using the button on the inside of the drivers door. Now if I lock up the van , it will open the drivers door and the side door with the first press. Done that tonight 5 or 6 times in a row and worked first time every time, weird. If I go out to the van later tonight, I bet it won't. Very annoying.

Back