Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CG600, just ordered (in Germany)

B

Bart7974

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi Will we ordered a GC600 , Indium Grey Metallic, Diesel heating (Truma),SOG, Solar, Awning, no extra bed, Tow bar, 2chairs/table. With these options we managed to stay just below the magic 3140kg.

The tyres are 16” , this is a standard size for the GC in Germany. In the UK they are 17” , do you know why there is a difference between the UK end German standard delivery ?

I will try to find out what to do to replace the standard 16” All season tyres with the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.

Before we took the decision last week we had a test drive with the GC680 and a GC600.
And what you already said there was no difference in driving .
Last week we parked the GC680 in front of our house , there was just space enough but I and my wife found the interior of the 600 somewhat cosier.

And now we are waiting.

Not a big problem because lots of other people are traveling now with their camper vans. Campsites and “Stellplätze” are packed here in Germany, that is not what we like.

Bart

Difference between UK and German delivery spec is all down to Marketing and what is considered as a normal level of equipment by Buyers here.
This has applied to cars as well for decades. We also get a 3 year warranty as standard.

Difference between UK and German delivery spec is all down to Marketing and what is considered as a normal level of equipment by Buyers here.
This has applied to cars as well for decades. We also get a 3 year warranty as standard.
thank you , that make sense

Hi Will we ordered a GC600 , Indium Grey Metallic, Diesel heating (Truma),SOG, Solar, Awning, no extra bed, Tow bar, 2chairs/table. With these options we managed to stay just below the magic 3140kg.

The tyres are 16” , this is a standard size for the GC in Germany. In the UK they are 17” , do you know why there is a difference between the UK end German standard delivery ?

I will try to find out what to do to replace the standard 16” All season tyres with the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate.

Before we took the decision last week we had a test drive with the GC680 and a GC600.
And what you already said there was no difference in driving .
Last week we parked the GC680 in front of our house , there was just space enough but I and my wife found the interior of the 600 somewhat cosier.

And now we are waiting.

Not a big problem because lots of other people are traveling now with their camper vans. Campsites and “Stellplätze” are packed here in Germany, that is not what we like.

Bart
Well done Bart, hopefully you will use it straight after delivery, Are you going for LPG.
Will

Well done Bart, hopefully you will use it straight after delivery, Are you going for LPG.
Will
Hi Will, no LPG, we decided for the diesel heating . The modern Truma diesel heaters are quiet and less smelly as the older ones.I hope this is true because that's what others say ;)
And my wife doesn't like to much gas below her bed.
And we save some space, space in the 600 is scarce.

I still like the LPG solution, I found a lot about it in the internet , people who have LPG are all quit happy.

After delivery we will have some test nights here in the black forest and we hope to go for a trip of 3 weeks to southern France (Provence). That is what we normally do in October.

Bart

Hi Bart

Congratulations on the purchase, I ordered my 680 mid May and all I was told at time of order was 6-9 months lead time. Any idea what time scale you are looking at, maybe its faster in Germany than UK orders.

Went for very similar options to you same colour, solar, awning, diesel heating, etc can't wait :)

Mark

Hi Mark,

ah.. similar options :thumb

I don’t think it’s faster in Germany.

Our dealer told us that the GC’s he sold this year had lead times of about 3 month.
That matches with the GC of forum members here.
He did not say that ours has a lead time of 3 month, but that is what we expect (hope, we also can’t wait ;)).
For the approximate delivery date of our GC we have to wait (about 3 weeks) till he has the confirmation.
Do you have to wait for a production confirmation?

Bart

Hi Mark,

ah.. similar options :thumb

I don’t think it’s faster in Germany.

Our dealer told us that the GC’s he sold this year had lead times of about 3 month.
That matches with the GC of forum members here.
He did not say that ours has a lead time of 3 month, but that is what we expect (hope, we also can’t wait ;)).
For the approximate delivery date of our GC we have to wait (about 3 weeks) till he has the confirmation.
Do you have to wait for a production confirmation?

Bart
yes I will be chasing for production update in next week or so, if it does come in 3-4 months will be pleasant surprise for us :)

Hi Will, no LPG, we decided for the diesel heating . The modern Truma diesel heaters are quiet and less smelly as the older ones.I hope this is true because that's what others say ;)
And my wife doesn't like to much gas below her bed.
And we save some space, space in the 600 is scarce.

I still like the LPG solution, I found a lot about it in the internet , people who have LPG are all quit happy.

After delivery we will have some test nights here in the black forest and we hope to go for a trip of 3 weeks to southern France (Provence). That is what we normally do in October.

Bart
Hi Bart,

yes now remember you saying re diesel heating. The Black Forest sounds very nice. Hope your able to travel.
personally not travelling to europe this year but if all good next year will be off to Italy Croatia and possibly northern Spain.
Will

Back