Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chair storage canvas spots ? Mildew ? How to remove

S

scrvan

VIP Member
my 11 year old Cali has developed dark areas on the canvas cover where the chairs are stored. I suspect it maybe a sort of mildew and need to know how to get rid of them. Also one or two on a chai back.

Test on a unseen spot first but anti-mould spray in a trigger bottle from the supermarkets works a treat on walls so worth a try?!

Test on a unseen spot first but anti-mould spray in a trigger bottle from the supermarkets works a treat on walls so worth a try?!
As Max-Felix says, test before use. Anti mould sprays are usually a bleach solution (around 5%) so a test is essential when using on dyed fabrics.

Ecover surface spray or liquid cleaner. Does the job and no bleach.

I used distilled white vinegar on a tent years ago. It does not clean but apparently kills the mould. The smell of fish and chips only lasts an hour or so.

..me..

my 11 year old Cali has developed dark areas on the canvas cover where the chairs are stored. I suspect it maybe a sort of mildew and need to know how to get rid of them. Also one or two on a chai back.
Thanks everyone, problem now sorted!

Always nice to see a ...how to picture , products , before and after picture....
Problem sorted ....., fine for you but others would like some info sometimes.
Sad way to close a question for help...

Thanks everyone, problem now sorted!

Can you give us some information as to how you sorted your problem and what worked. Could be very useful for other Forum Members and those who answered your query to know for the future.:thumb

Back