H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
UNFORTUNATE THERE ARE NO PLACES AVAILEBLE ANYMORE FOR THIS MEET

We are planning a 2nd attempt to bring some Cali's together in France for a small meet up at a champagnehouse with a campfield/facilitys .
It would be a meet up with other members and a small champagne tasting with the posibility to buy champagne all at the site no driving involved.
Tried to organise it last year but the date not suited many , you can read in this topic what the general idea is:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/france-meet-september-2017.13747/

Those who are intrested and think they would come to the meet we ask to fill in a doodle with 3 weekends to chose from.

We chose the periode in september becose the site is not keen on doing this in the high season as we are given it whole place to ourselves and in the highseason there are other visitors at the site.
Within a few weeks we will see witch weekend suits most people and we try to book it at the site .
From then on (if we are sure the site is ok to give the site just for us ) we make it official and work out a way to subscibe as the places will be limited to 20-25 Cali's.

Link to the doodle :

EDIT : the doodle has been closed , the date will be 15-17september 2017

Ps:
This is posted in "general california chat " as it is the most visited/popular part of the forum.
Some more info here:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/france-meet-september-2017.13747/

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sofar some people filled in the doodle , thankx....

Keep 'm comming!

:thumb

From the 12 people who filled in the doodle so far everyone is ok with the 15-17sept. weekend so seems we need to concider that date .
Wil wait a week more to let some more votes in.....

Within' a few days we pin a date...:bananadance2

Can the person by the name

Don

who signed in the doodle please give theire forummame so we can contact you?

This tread is now open for replys.
The doodle is now closed.

The date wil be 15-17 september 2017 , details and subscribing soon!

Last edited:
Have to check the diary But would love to come up from Beziers

Dear California owners ,

We are planning a smal meet-up in France at Vandieres (30 min. from Reims) at a small champagnehouse with a own campsite.
http://www.champagne-nowack.fr/index.php/en/welcome.html
This would be the weekend 15-17september 2017 , there's room for about 25 California's , the site has electric hook-up , showerblock,....ect. everything a campsite has. In a very quite and small village .
Arriving from fridayafthernoon and leaving sunday arround noon we have the site to ourselves (you can stay longer or arrive earlyer on your own base) a small champagne tasing on sathurday late afthernoon and offcoarse the possibility to buy champagne at the site no driving needed .(witch i can confirm good quality/price)

All included , no extra costs for 1 Cali with 2persons at 45€ (EURO)
This includes two nights on site and everything from hook-up ,showers , touristtax, a tasting of 2 glasses champagne ,.....
And on top we will supprise you with a small gift!(Guess it is not a supprise anymore now...)

Adding extra persons or kids would add a small extra charge (would not be that much ) witch we arrange at the site/weekend itself (hoping the owner agree kids for free if the group is large enough to cover his expences )
Do let us know if you are coming with more than two so we can count this in.
Dogs are free but as it is a very small site take note there are no dog-facilyties or dog-walk on the site . And dogs should be walked outside the site!

A chance to meet-up with fellow Cali owners or just enjoy the site , there's BBQ on site free to use , a outdoor covered patio and a indoor room with tables and chairs if the weather is not on our side .
You can also take a trip to Reims or Epernay (30min drive) to visit other champagnehouses.
Go cycling thru the winefields .

Only 25 Cali's can join .
For the moment there are already 14 Cali's singed in as the people who did filled in the doodle and helped to pick the date had first choice.
The next 11 Cali's who sing in are sure they can come , i 'l keep an update on the numbers every day until the max of 25 is reached .

If you like to attend we ask to pay 45€ using PayPal to this mailadres :

...Mailadres deleted ....

Using "send money to a friend or family " in EUR currency this should be without costs .
Please give us your sirname and forumname so there is no mix up possible .

Any questions we will answer if needed.

The list so far is :

Hotel California(myself)
Henrik (Kmann)
Rik (Jabberwocky)
Sally House (Pinkietee)
Celia Bannerman (Celia and Edward)
David (Dalas) + friends , 2 Cali's
Simon (caymann57)
Martin (Hantshog)
Tracy Paine
Pete Matthews (Wanderlost)
Mylifeinpixels
El Greco
Ian (Yorkie)

Last edited:
I am interested in coming I am new to a California and camper canning. I have a small dog. Johanna

I'd like to come too if possible , I have a well behaved well trained medium / large doggy ...

Just got to get partner to confirm date at work , we need Friday off to travel ...

Hi Wem , can you put us on the last minute wait/ cacellatin list please ? We're away sailing on West coast France / NW Spain . Not sure exactly when we'll be back but around mid September . If we're back we'd love to join you .
Trebor and Caligirl

Hi Wem , can you put us on the last minute wait/ cacellatin list please ? We're away sailing on West coast France / NW Spain . Not sure exactly when we'll be back but around mid September . If we're back we'd love to join you .
Trebor and Caligirl

Hi , if we reach 25 cali's we have room for a few last minutes .
So far only halfway , so no problem .

Hi Wem , I am sorry but going to drop out the champagne tasting for now as I am now uncertain of September. It is a great idea and opportunity. Johanna

Hi. I'm traveling to Dordogne that weekend. Hard to get there for Friday night but Saturday would work. Is there space left for me and Archie the Cali-Cairn. He is well behaved but clearly in context of a terrier. Are there spaces left?

Hi. I'm traveling to Dordogne that weekend. Hard to get there for Friday night but Saturday would work. Is there space left for me and Archie the Cali-Cairn. He is well behaved but clearly in context of a terrier. Are there spaces left?

At the moment we are half way the availeble pitches.
If you want to be sure to have pitch please sign using paypal payment .(details above)
Dogs are welcome

Hi

Is there a late arrivals option on the Friday?

Thanks

We have the place to ourselfes but the gate closes a night , have to check at what time.

Hello , just about to pay , got my new Cali this week too , how exciting . Robin and Chantal and Hugo the well behaved dog, unless he sees a cat or rabbit .

another payment came thru on PayPal
Thankx @Niborn

The list so far is :

Hotel California(myself)
Henrik (Kmann)
Rik (Jabberwocky)
Sally House (Pinkietee)
Simon (caymann57)
Martin (Hantshog)
Tracy Paine
Pete Matthews (Wanderlost)
Mylifeinpixels
El Greco
Ian (Yorkie)
Robin&Chantal (Niborn)

Hi Wim, As per email. 45EUR transferred to you. Sue and Stuart Spelling will be there...

WE ARE 16 California's allready .....
It will be big fun !

another payment came thru on PayPal
Thankx @S1andS2

The list so far is :

Hotel California(myself)
Henrik (Kmann)
Rik (Jabberwocky)
Sally House (Pinkietee)
Simon (caymann57)