Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Change Key Battery

sebking

sebking

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
So this seems a straight forward dash message so why is it still coming up even after trying three different batteries? Energizer and Duracell badged and showing 3.3v. Same batteries give no message when used in my Tiguan. Not a biggy but just annoying! No faults relating to this on VCDS.

What message do you get? I have a 2010 T5, and I don't think my van will ever notice me about the key battery.
Maybe it's the car battery?
Can you post a picture of the fault you get?

What message do you get? I have a 2010 T5, and I don't think my van will ever notice me about the key battery.
Maybe it's the car battery?
Can you post a picture of the fault you get?
The message on the MFD says "renew key battery!" it's a standard VW message

Does the remote work well? Does the van unlock from over 50 meters from the van?
Did your van had any bodywork done in the recent past? I think the antenna is behind a door panel, near the sliding window (left or right, I can't recall for now).

those remotes sometimes needs “pairing” with the verhicle when changing the battery.

Does the remote work well? Does the van unlock from over 50 meters from the van?
Did your van had any bodywork done in the recent past? I think the antenna is behind a door panel, near the sliding window (left or right, I can't recall for now).
Everything works as expected, just locked from way over the other side of a car park.

From what I read that only needs to be done if the fob doesn’t work at all after a battery swap.
Nothing in the MFD menu to delete/accept message?

Ekta actually says to change battery before putting the new one in to reset the remote by pressing “any key” that resets the battery count. Well tried that and no difference.