Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changed my mind about the 600

J

jimc

Vehicle
Motorhome
We put a retainer down on a 600 despite my reservations about its looks, I thought I'd get used to it.
However, when we took it for a test drive the units in the rear made a deafening clatter, one fell open and the sink extension tray slid out. The dealer assured us this would all be fixed before delivery and at first we accepted this.
After thinking about it though, we decided to cancel. The reason being we couldn't see how they could be 'fixed' and feared it would be a recurring problem.
I can post a video of the problem if anyone is interested?

We put a retainer down on a 600 despite my reservations about its looks, I thought I'd get used to it.
However, when we took it for a test drive the units in the rear made a deafening clatter, one fell open and the sink extension tray slid out. The dealer assured us this would all be fixed before delivery and at first we accepted this.
After thinking about it though, we decided to cancel. The reason being we couldn't see how they could be 'fixed' and feared it would be a recurring problem.
Would be intresting to see your video please

Went to the show at the NEC for a lie down in the 600 bed, quite a queue to get in but too small for my 6’5” frame, shower and loo too small, beach downstairs king size fits our needs better. Also under 2m saves on ferry costs and carpark problems

Not saying that it's ok it ratlles and the door fals open but ,
how would a empty big white sounded on that route?
Most ratlles can be found and solved
And the fact the door fals open and the tray slides out , is it a brand new GC you'r driven with or a demo model ? A demo model would be very much abuised by people in the showroom .
If it's brand new from the factory then it's poor quality finisch imo.
A good salesmen would have solved these issues before handing over the key's for a testride.

Question is what you going to order now?

Question is what you going to order now?
We didn’t like the Beluga Whale look of the 600 so are just about to pick up a Sprinter based Hymer Free 600s. Gutted to be leaving the VW scene but it just suited our needs (and pockets) better. I can recommend Travelworld in Stafford if you want to go down that route

Not saying that it's ok it ratlles and the door fals open but ,
how would a empty big white sounded on that route?
Most ratlles can be found and solved
And the fact the door fals open and the tray slides out , is it a brand new GC you'r driven with or a demo model ? A demo model would be very much abuised by people in the showroom .
If it's brand new from the factory then it's poor quality finisch imo.
A good salesmen would have solved these issues before handing over the key's for a testride.
It was a demo model but only had 160 miles on it. I can't agree that that would excuse it though, if it was like that after such a short time then how could we have confidence in it long term? We had visions of recurring trips to the dealer to 'fix' the units and eventually sticking foam pads, or whatever, on them to stop the noise.
I can't believe the dealer let us out in it, he obviously hadn't tested it beforehand.
Apart from those problems, I also wasn't sold on the look of the van and was rather hoping it would grow on me, I preferred the 680 but it was too long.

Absolutely, approaching £20,000 saving,

And fantastic vans too. The Adrias are well built. I don't buy into the whole 'but it's better to take it to one dealer when there's a problem' thing when it comes to such large savings.

And fantastic vans too. The Adrias are well built. I don't buy into the whole 'but it's better to take it to one dealer when there's a problem' thing when it comes to such large savings.
The side door is on the 'correct' side too, these things make a difference.
We were very impressed with the quality and the interior styling, I was tempted with the SGX with the electric bed but it was only on the 640, so a little longer than we wanted.
We bought an automatic, they're like rocking horse s**** to find so we had to settle for a white one, would have liked grey or silver, life is all about compromises.

I would pick definitely white if I got another fiat.
It’s the most forgiving for not showing up the ripples on the fiat panels.The fiat has a slightly more commercial paint finish so white is the best bet also when your in Europe in summer it’s definitely the best van to keep cooler in

Last edited:
I would pick definitely white if I got another fiat.
It’s the most forgiving for not showing up the ripples on the fiat panels.The fiat has a slightly more commercial paint finish so white is the best bet also when your in Europe in summer it’s definitely the best van to keep cooler in
Who would believe that a white one stays looking cleaner.
Me, now for one, we have a white one in the stable and it always looks
clean, the black one looks like it needs a clean after just nipping to the shops.

I’m glad you changed your mind, I think it’s the worst think VW has produced

Back