Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

changing seats

J

jeannie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
thinking of buying a DSG - due to foot problem
My Cali has leather seats - could these be swapped easily if my newer Cali has cloth seats?

The front seats no problem. Rear seat is doable but it is very heavy. :thumb

Kev is right... Very doable.

I've had all the seats out of my van when I did the leather trim... Two people for the rear seat an absolute must.

My shuttle was fitted with an ellectric clutch system called click and go ,it basically operates the cluch for you.it will also creep like an auto.it's worth considering rather than changing the van.
It's called click and go.

The click and go system was fitted on my van when I bought it.cost about 1500 quid to the previous owner who had a stroke so he had it fitted.I've only used it a couple of times.I've had loads of autos over the years and this works just as well and you don't get the fuel penalty of an auto.it was fitted to my van by a company in Christchurch in Dorset from memory.
It's a bit weird feeling the clutch operate on it's own.when it's switched on you just back off the throttle and change gear normally and press the button fitted to the gear nob at the same time
I understand this system is popular with elderly motor home owners
When it's switched off the van is totally normal to drive like it's not even there