Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing T6.1 digital dashboard display.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Ive just seen this picture on auto trader of the digital dash.

I am wondering how you get the audio information displayed in the left hand dial & range in the right hand one.

I can change the whole display using "view" & can change what appears in-between the two dials but cant see how to change the middle of the dials.

Any Ideas - the manual appears to be useless in this respect.
dash.jpg

Active Info Display

Thanks to Active Info Display, you can enjoy the advantages of an instrument cluster with a high resolution colour display. With various information profiles, you can decide which specific data are displayed in the instrument cluster in addition to the usual gauges such as the rev counter, speedometer and odometer.

You can select this information profile quickly and easily using the optional multifunctional steering wheel: depending on your precise needs, you can access detailed Driving Data, for example, or show a visual display of your driver assistance systems. This means the display area can be even better used, because you can also show additional data within the dials.

In the Discover Navigation Infotainment system, you can decide whether you would like to see the navigation map in the Active Info Display, or have the classic view on the system display. With Discover Navigation Pro, both display options are available simultaneously.

Thanks, I know it can do it, its how to change it that I'm struggling with.
I can change the main display, change the centre of the display, but cant work out how to choose what's displayed in the centre of the dials

Perfect thanks. I hadn't thought of using the main display to access the options, thought it was all done from the steering wheel.

Not got it myself, but maybe this helps....

That’s great thanks. The digital dash is better than I realised. And once you’ve set up your views, the long press on the steering wheels view button is a handy way to change between them

Would would be super useful when travelling abroad is to have it display KM/H in the middle of the speedo dial. So mph on the outer dial, kmh on the inner dial (or vice versa).

Would would be super useful when travelling abroad is to have it display KM/H in the middle of the speedo dial. So mph on the outer dial, kmh on the inner dial (or vice versa).
Cant do that , but you can make the whole lot KM/H ie outer dial as well as the big number in the middle. just cant mix & match.

Just been out for a play. photos below of MPH / KMH display - that is excellent.
What is annoying though having played around with the display options is in "Classic View" you have the gear selection in the left dial and the speed in big numbers in the right one as the photos below, however if you use one of the customised views to change the info in the middle of the dials, you can't choose speed as one of them. ie you cant just change the left dial. IMG_2548.jpgIMG_2549.jpg

Just been out for a play. photos below of MPH / KMH display - that is excellent.
What is annoying though having played around with the display options is in "Classic View" you have the gear selection in the left dial and the speed in big numbers in the right one as the photos below, however if you use one of the customised views to change the info in the middle of the dials, you can't choose speed as one of them. ie you cant just change the left dial.
that's a shame.

I wonder if there is some regulation that means they can only allow certain changes to be made with regards to where/how speed is displayed?

I'm just guessing of course....but I wonder if there is a valid reason that means it's not just VW being unimaginative?

I wouldn't have thought so, as all I want is to leave the right hand side as it is by default & just change the left dial to something different.

If you do change the right dial, it moves the digital speed display to the bottom of the screen in a much smaller font.

Im sure given time someone will hack it & there will be no end of options.

What is annoying though having played around with the display options is in "Classic View" you have the gear selection in the left dial and the speed in big numbers in the right one as the photos below, however if you use one of the customised views to change the info in the middle of the dials, you can't choose speed as one of them. ie you cant just change the left dial. View attachment 73865View attachment 73866
It’s a bit dusty in there Andy!

Its amazing how much the camera shows up the dust. I suppose its doing the carpets & seat covers etc thats thrown it up.

Outside looks worse, now 2 tone with a fade just below the window line, brown lower half & blue above.

Done just under a thousand miles & it looks no newer than the old van.

I wouldn't have thought so, as all I want is to leave the right hand side as it is by default & just change the left dial to something different.

If you do change the right dial, it moves the digital speed display to the bottom of the screen in a much smaller font.

I appreciate its different but I had that coded into the T6 for when abroad. Be surprised if it’s not there somewhere. Worth asking your tec at your dealer.

Its amazing how much the camera shows up the dust. I suppose its doing the carpets & seat covers etc thats thrown it up.

Outside looks worse, now 2 tone with a fade just below the window line, brown lower half & blue above.

Done just under a thousand miles & it looks no newer than the old van.
I found the Brandrup carpets throw up a lot of dust.

Ive just seen this picture on auto trader of the digital dash.

I am wondering how you get the audio information displayed in the left hand dial & range in the right hand one.

I can change the whole display using "view" & can change what appears in-between the two dials but cant see how to change the middle of the dials.

Any Ideas - the manual appears to be useless in this respect.
View attachment 73854
Top secret ! ;)

Maybe if you change the language?
On the previous models if you changed to Australia you can get a large digital MPH display.

No there's some confusion here.

There are customisable areas of the screen
1. between the dials
2. inside the speedo - ( right hand dial)
3. inside the Tacho. (left hand dial)

As standard in the "classic" view you get the MPH in huge numbers shown inside the right hand dial & the gear indicator in the left.

If you change to a customisable screen rather than the classic it allows you to choose from a large range of things to display in either dial including:
height above sea level
Navigation instructions
music information
range
ave speed
hours driven
time of arrival
acceleration!
av MPG
MPG
etc etc

What you cant do though is choose MPH or KPH its not on the list of options.
This means you can't customise the left hand screen without changing the right hand screen to something other than MPH.

I would have liked MPH on the right & range on the left.

First world problem really. The info is all there just have to scroll through the screens to get to it.

No there's some confusion here.

There are customisable areas of the screen
1. between the dials
2. inside the speedo - ( right hand dial)
3. inside the Tacho. (left hand dial)

As standard in the "classic" view you get the MPH in huge numbers shown inside the right hand dial & the gear indicator in the left.

If you change to a customisable screen rather than the classic it allows you to choose from a large range of things to display in either dial including:
height above sea level
Navigation instructions
music information
range
ave speed
hours driven
time of arrival
acceleration!
av MPG
MPG
etc etc

What you cant do though is choose MPH or KPH its not on the list of options.
This means you can't customise the left hand screen without changing the right hand screen to something other than MPH.

I would have liked MPH on the right & range on the left.

First world problem really. The info is all there just have to scroll through the screens to get to it.
I've posted this elsewhere this evening. When I choose from the options above in the View 1,2 or 3, I can't save the selection. If I have chosen for View 1, then set View 2, View 1 goes back to the default. Anyone know how to save your choice?

Back